Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

When I get home I'll see if I can figure out what wire it was, even if I have to look when I pull the HU to replace rca's 

Posted

I can test mine maybe In a week or so ….

I might have missed it but are you using the same db with the other tones? And where did you get those tones ..   also since you say there’s crackling it’s sounds like  a problem with the chain of signal not the tones itself… if you didn’t get your rcas yet and speaker wires and do that run them over your seat to your amps see if that helps could be getting noise through either of them by something 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Loy said:

That's what made me think that the DD-1 might not be accurate with frequencies other than the 1khz & 40hz.

 

OOH i gotcha now. You might be right, it might be limited to 1k and 40. You said both headunits gave you similar resuts using a 4k tone, right?

 

On a side note, I would stick to -5db overlap at most for mids and highs. -10db is a LOT of overlap for those.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

From what I recall yes both HU's did it. I might be wrong tho, might not have been checking the 4khz on the other HU. This has been going on so long, driving me nuts lol, and I've tried so many different  things that it all starts running together. 

When I get home I'll see if I can figure out what wire it was, even if I have to look when I pull the HU to replace the rca's. I can look then.

Posted

And it's more like a sizzle than a crackling. Some people say it sounds good but I can hear it & it drives me nuts, & I keep blowing speakers

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 914 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...