Sonic Electronix

Hello all I'm new here and i want to order a FI bl 15 What options do i really need i wanna run this on a power acoustic 2000 class D amp its rated at 600 watts at 4 ohms and 1400 Watts at 1 ohm, so i figure i want a dual 2 ohm sub but what other options do i really need? Also i want to run a Sealed box as i like my trunk space and its not a big car 2002 volvo s60. Thanks for any and all input from you guys.

And yes im a Noob So feel free to explain it like i have no idea. lol :unsure:

Hello all I'm new here and i want to order a FI bl 15 What options do i really need i wanna run this on a power acoustic 2000 class D amp its rated at 600 watts at 4 ohms and 1400 Watts at 1 ohm, so i figure i want a dual 2 ohm sub but what other options do i really need? Also i want to run a Sealed box as i like my trunk space and its not a big car 2002 volvo s60. Thanks for any and all input from you guys.

And yes im a Noob So feel free to explain it like i have no idea. lol :unsure:

no help from anybody?

Edited by Solotriggerman

Ive never built a box and will have a hard time getting the dimesions right and keeping trunk space how big will the sound difference be?

You won't like a BL in a sealed box, not a very good frequency response for that sub sealed.

The dual 2 ohm coil is the universal option. so you are fine there. Personally I don't like the "cooling" option because it takes away motor strength but thats your call.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

The BL is made to be in a ported enclosure only, FI doesn't recommend it to be in a sealed box. You did know that right.

Here bud, you can read all about it here.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7154

Edited by zaxfire69