Jump to content

Fi and pushing us acoustics nick


Marchant89
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quick question trying to get some thoughts. I have a Fi ssdv4 15” 2ohm dvc currently running a us acoustics nick 2500.1 

what’s thoughts on adding another ssd and running at .5 ohms my thoughts are the amp will most likely never see .5 with impedance rise.  Ran a test at 40hz and was hitting 2.74 ohms wired at 1ohm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's your amp, how willing are you to take a chance is really what you have to answer. Nobody else has a horse in the race so it's up to you. Are you ok buying a new amp if it doesn't work out?

  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marchant89 said:

 

Quick question trying to get some thoughts. I have a Fi ssdv4 15” 2ohm dvc currently running a us acoustics nick 2500.1 

what’s thoughts on adding another ssd and running at .5 ohms my thoughts are the amp will most likely never see .5 with impedance rise.  Ran a test at 40hz and was hitting 2.74 ohms wired at 1ohm

I have to agree with @MrSkippyJ.

There's a chance your amp never sees under 1 ohm, there's a chance it pops the first time it does see it, there's a chance it takes it like a champ. 

US Acoustics, one of the "affordable" brands with a decent reputation, isn't known for its boards being built up beyond what it needs to make its rated power. So I don't know if I'd trust it daily wired down below 1 ohm. But like I said, there a chance it never sees below 1 ohm. Depends on what you listen to I guess. 

Brands I would trust running .5 ohm, while being sparing with how long I run balls out, DC, Sundown (not the full bridge amps), and cresendo. (With an honorable mention to the taramps smart 3)

Down to .5 ohm daily, Incriminator Audio. Those amps are over built like you wouldn't believe. Not over built to put out 3000 watts over rated, but the boards are over built to take a pounding. 

Now, if you are going to go for it, make sure your electrical can handle it. Just because your electrical can handle the 2500 watts now, doesn't mean it can handle a little more watts at lower impedance. As the impedance goes down, amplifiers become less efficient, meaning they have to draw even more to make the power. So just doodle check and make sure your electrical is legit or you'll clip the hell out of those dope subs you got. 

 

  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

I have to agree with @MrSkippyJ.

There's a chance your amp never sees under 1 ohm, there's a chance it pops the first time it does see it, there's a chance it takes it like a champ. 

US Acoustics, one of the "affordable" brands with a decent reputation, isn't known for its boards being built up beyond what it needs to make its rated power. So I don't know if I'd trust it daily wired down below 1 ohm. But like I said, there a chance it never sees below 1 ohm. Depends on what you listen to I guess. 

Brands I would trust running .5 ohm, while being sparing with how long I run balls out, DC, Sundown (not the full bridge amps), and cresendo. (With an honorable mention to the taramps smart 3)

Down to .5 ohm daily, Incriminator Audio. Those amps are over built like you wouldn't believe. Not over built to put out 3000 watts over rated, but the boards are over built to take a pounding. 

Now, if you are going to go for it, make sure your electrical can handle it. Just because your electrical can handle the 2500 watts now, doesn't mean it can handle a little more watts at lower impedance. As the impedance goes down, amplifiers become less efficient, meaning they have to draw even more to make the power. So just doodle check and make sure your electrical is legit or you'll clip the hell out of those dope subs you got. 

 

My next step before adding anything else is my js alternator purchase choosing a 390 amp alt and deciding if I want a shuriken or xs power the shuriken has way more ah but not really clear on the reputation they have yet.  I was under the impression that us acoustics was a solid amp.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Marchant89 said:

My next step before adding anything else is my js alternator purchase choosing a 390 amp alt and deciding if I want a shuriken or xs power the shuriken has way more ah but not really clear on the reputation they have yet.  I was under the impression that us acoustics was a solid amp.  

It is a solid amp. Don't get me wrong. It's built very well for the price point. All I'm saying is its not over built like the more expensive brands. In car audio, 99% of the time, you get what you pay for. I would say, for their price point, US acoustics is even one of the better brands. 

The 390 is solid! And, if you're going to upgrade from 2500 watts, and you're  able to, I'd run 2 batteries, or a nice lithium. That'll keep your voltage nice and high

  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...