Second Skin Audio

Good wallet friendly 3000 watt amp

NateLake

I'm looking for a good wallet friendly 3k amp that will be pushing 2 American bass xlf 15s. I see a lot of ppl using taramps but I'm pretty Leary about such a little amp and they look INSANELY CHEAP and I'm a little disappointed in sundown making the same style super tiny amp I just don't trust them. Won't buy a hifonics I had 2 of their amps before and they burst into flames! If anyone got any recommendations that'd be awesome. If I really have to I'll just spend the 1000 bucks for Orion hcca 3000 all the dynos I've seen those amps push around 10,000 watts. Thanks!

I would say that still the best bang for your buck would be the SIA 3500. I get the hesitation to go with a full bridge unit, but you're also buying the reputation and customer service of a respected and established company. But yeah, that choice is yours. I couldn't bring myself to buy a full bridge when I bought my amps, but I payed a lot for my amps lol. Definitely not a bang for your buck situation lol

There's also the B2 Error Riot 3200 you could look into. 

There also the Deaf Bonce Apocalypse AAB-2800 you could look into as well

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Yea I like the sia 3500

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

What about skar skv2 3500? The only reason I've found why ppl don't like them is from what I can gather they blew a sub or amp and were mad skar wouldn't replace it. They sent me a rp 1200 when I ordered rp 1500 and replaced it and even paid for shipping plus they make what they say they do on dyno so whats the beef?

Never used skar but sundown does over what they are rated subs and amps and have good customer service and warranty I've had my 3500 for 2 weeks now sounds amazing went from the sfb 1500 to the sia 3500 had the sfb for a year no problems out of either

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Never used skar but sundown does over what they are rated subs and amps and have good customer service and warranty I've had my 3500 for 2 weeks now sounds amazing went from the sfb 1500 to the sia 3500 had the sfb for a year no problems out of either

What's the difference between sfb and sia

1 hour ago, NateLake said:

What's the difference between sfb and sia

The SFB amps (Sundown full bridge) are just your run of the mill, full bridge amplifiers. The SIA (Sundown intelligent amp) will actually give you 3500 watts at 1 ohm and 2 ohm, and then start to fall to around 2500 or so at 4 ohm. So when impedance rise hits your sub, you'll be pushing more power the the sub. Still a full bridge amplifier though. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Im running taramp 3k smart and it thumps two sa15d4 rev3 like its nothing.  Taramp did make a smart 3k bass amp which would be better because its designed for bass so you get bass Frequency as the reg taramp smart 3 is fullrange. For a small amp it pushes with ease and dose not get hot. Im running 4ohm final 

Sundown is top quality you can't go wrong at all it's one of my favorites, not budget friendly.  if you're on budget I would go with taramps. I've ran skar I've ran taramps I've run Rockford pioneer Zeus Hifonics as far as budget goes taramps is destroying them all. Excluding rockford fosgate 

Archived