Electrical to run 7000watts

2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Oh yeah.... but, working on it for the last 4 hours, I broke a piece of my door 🤣 I spent that while time remaking it. Still not finished. 

Lol that sucks man. I did check out the pictures tho and they look awesome! Your doors are gonna scream with all that cone area! How much power are you putting on each of those 8s? I think you might've been better off with two 8s on a lot of power, would've been much easier but too late now!

1 hour ago, Mattc43 said:

Lol that sucks man. I did check out the pictures tho and they look awesome! Your doors are gonna scream with all that cone area! How much power are you putting on each of those 8s? I think you might've been better off with two 8s on a lot of power, would've been much easier but too late now!

The 8's are going to be running off a Cresendo 2000.4D and the tweeters are going to be ran off a Cresendo S4 (880 watts). 

The 8's and tweeters are 8 ohm each. So 3 per channel would have been perfect. Then I would have had an 8 and a tweeter for each rear door as well lol. But, I can't talk myself out of 4 each front door. Just for the wow factor. 

So, as it stands, the 2000.4 is rated about 300-330 watts per channel at 4 ohm, and the S4 is rated about 140-155 watts per channel at 4 ohm. It's going to be way louder than I need it lol. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

8 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

The 8's are going to be running off a Cresendo 2000.4D and the tweeters are going to be ran off a Cresendo S4 (880 watts). 

The 8's and tweeters are 8 ohm each. So 3 per channel would have been perfect. Then I would have had an 8 and a tweeter for each rear door as well lol. But, I can't talk myself out of 4 each front door. Just for the wow factor. 

So, as it stands, the 2000.4 is rated about 300-330 watts per channel at 4 ohm, and the S4 is rated about 140-155 watts per channel at 4 ohm. It's going to be way louder than I need it lol. 

Wow! Yeah, you’re gonna get loud for sure! I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have mids/highs that are too loud lol. I’m planning on getting one of those crescendo multi channels too. Still thinking about what amp I want tho. Maybe a sound digital 5k or maybe a wolfram Korean. I’d prefer not to spend a grand on an amp lol

9 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

Wow! Yeah, you’re gonna get loud for sure! I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have mids/highs that are too loud lol. I’m planning on getting one of those crescendo multi channels too. Still thinking about what amp I want tho. Maybe a sound digital 5k or maybe a wolfram Korean. I’d prefer not to spend a grand on an amp lol

Well, if you want to keep it under a grand, my first choice would be to wait until Sundown comes out with their SIA 5k. Who knows when that will drop though. My next choice would be the taramps smart 5 Bass. I've heard that thing is a beast! 

21 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Well, if you want to keep it under a grand, my first choice would be to wait until Sundown comes out with their SIA 5k. Who knows when that will drop though. My next choice would be the taramps smart 5 Bass. I've heard that thing is a beast! 

Yeah I won’t be waiting for that! Heard about the smart bass series and I think you can run em on half ohm but not sure. Just don’t like the idea of wires going across the port to reach the other chamber where my other 15 is. Gonna try the two smart 3ks! Just heard concerning things on sound quality but most people seem to love them

48 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

Yeah I won’t be waiting for that! Heard about the smart bass series and I think you can run em on half ohm but not sure. Just don’t like the idea of wires going across the port to reach the other chamber where my other 15 is. Gonna try the two smart 3ks! Just heard concerning things on sound quality but most people seem to love them

Yeah, I've heard all those full bridge amps have a high noise floor. But the average listener shouldn't be able to hear it. The key word being shouldn't. If you go with the smart 3, get the bass smart 3. It's supposed to handle the lower frequencies better than the regular smart 3. Although, I would prefer the Sundown SIA 3500 though. That's just my opinion. 

I know the smart 3's are ok to run at half ohm, it'll still do 3000 watts, and not overpower itself. I don't know about the 5k specifically though. I would assume it's the same technology though. 

I didn't read anything, so, apologies, for the question. Which alt maker are you going with? I also have a 5th gen 4runner,... i do have dual battery set up, and dont run much power. Even when i add my subs and sub amp, im not to concerned with power. It won't be anything silly like i use to do. 

That said, which alt maker have you been looking at for your replacement? The stock denso units are super reliable, and super stout. Was curious where you where looking. 

Cheers and good luck. 

KB

11 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

I didn't read anything, so, apologies, for the question. Which alt maker are you going with? I also have a 5th gen 4runner,... i do have dual battery set up, and dont run much power. Even when i add my subs and sub amp, im not to concerned with power. It won't be anything silly like i use to do. 

That said, which alt maker have you been looking at for your replacement? The stock denso units are super reliable, and super stout. Was curious where you where looking. 

Cheers and good luck. 

KB

Not a problem man. I am going with a DC power HO 270a alt made just for the 5th gen 4runner. I’ve heard good things about the stock alternator as well but I plan on running a little over 6000watts and I’d rather be safe than sorry. Thanks KB

On 1/31/2022 at 4:16 PM, Dafaseles said:

Yeah, I've heard all those full bridge amps have a high noise floor. But the average listener shouldn't be able to hear it. The key word being shouldn't. If you go with the smart 3, get the bass smart 3. It's supposed to handle the lower frequencies better than the regular smart 3. Although, I would prefer the Sundown SIA 3500 though. That's just my opinion. 

I know the smart 3's are ok to run at half ohm, it'll still do 3000 watts, and not overpower itself. I don't know about the 5k specifically though. I would assume it's the same technology though. 

I’ve heard about distortion with the smart series amps but I think I might pay the big bucks and get two Korean 3ks. Or the full bridge symphony 1 3k mono by crescendo looks sweet too. We will see but I think I’ll be selling the taramps. Plus if I’m right Korean boards don’t have to have exactly perfect with electrical? My 270 alt is comin in soon and things are really gonna start movin from here!! Batteries shouldn’t be too too pricey, I’m gonna go agm now I think. Gotta finish some sound deadening and do my doors then really all that’s left is box and subs, wire everything up and I’ll be bangin. I’m dying for more bass, what I have now just isn’t enough lol I’m addicted 

On 2/1/2022 at 7:27 AM, Mattc43 said:

Not a problem man. I am going with a DC power HO 270a alt made just for the 5th gen 4runner. I’ve heard good things about the stock alternator as well but I plan on running a little over 6000watts and I’d rather be safe than sorry. Thanks KB

Dc Power makes nice alternators. Wicked nice..ive had 3 in my time. Besides the alt, and your truly going to make thar power, ... reserve is what id be focusing on, as dual alts in this rig, would be more issues than its worth. Best of luck mate. 

Archived