Circle Jigs?

hey guys. I know there are special circle jigs for making holes for subs but can anyone think of something I can do or make to be more accurate than using a regular jigsaw(I'm horrible with jigsaws) or get a circle jig? I know there are probably things I can use or do that are better and easier than a jigsaw but dont know what to use? I used a jigsaw and a dremel to make sub holes that were somewhat sealed. still had to use something to make it completly sealed. I'm planning on making a new sub box soon for my hx2s and would like to make a hole that is actually sealed and circular rather than a big circle with the outline of a t and still have it leak lol.

thanks in advance for any advice or ideas.

If you have a router you can use a jasper jig, it will allow you to make many sized circles.

There is nothing wrong with a jig saw. I have a router but no circle jig to cut circles with it so I use a jigsaw all the time.

Just measure out your cutout diameter of the speaker and take a scrap piece of wood. that is someone long and narrow. Like a 1 inch by 10 inch piece of wood. screw a screw in one end with the tip just barly comming through the other side, and then take your needed cutout diameter and divide it in half, then mark from the screw to the needed measurement, drill a hole at the needed length and insert a pencil. then find your center of the box where you want your speaker and make the circle. Then just cut the wood with a jig saw.

Note: Do not force the jigsaw let the blade do the cutting through the wood and not the pressure your putting on the saw. This will give you circular and non jagged cuts. ;)

These rings I cut out for my new 6.5 inch door pods where cut with a jig saw, and then rounded over and rabbited with a router.

05-06-08_1927.jpg

jasper jigs are awesome. i have one that will cut up to like a 40" hole tho... its for making tables, i might cut it in half tho... iduno... if you dont feel like investing in a router and a jasper jig just use a jigsaw. i seen a hole cutter that goes on your drill and it will cut i think up to an 18" hole. i think parts express sells em. may be wrong tho.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

If you have a router you can use a jasper jig, it will allow you to make many sized circles.

There is nothing wrong with a jig saw. I have a router but no circle jig to cut circles with it so I use a jigsaw all the time.

Just measure out your cutout diameter of the speaker and take a scrap piece of wood. that is someone long and narrow. Like a 1 inch by 10 inch piece of wood. screw a screw in one end with the tip just barly comming through the other side, and then take your needed cutout diameter and divide it in half, then mark from the screw to the needed measurement, drill a hole at the needed length and insert a pencil. then find your center of the box where you want your speaker and make the circle. Then just cut the wood with a jig saw.

Note: Do not force the jigsaw let the blade do the cutting through the wood and not the pressure your putting on the saw. This will give you circular and non jagged cuts. ;)

These rings I cut out for my new 6.5 inch door pods where cut with a jig saw, and then rounded over and rabbited with a router.

05-06-08_1927.jpg

I dont have a router and dont even know where I would find a jasper jig. I dont want to buy one because Its not like I'm making boxes 24/7 I've only made 5 boxes withen the last 3 years.

I understand half of what you were saying about doing with the 1in by 10 in piece of wood but dont understand completly about how to actually cut the cutting it. when you cut it you drill a hole and stick the blade in it and follow your hole that is moving around the box without actually hitting the piece your moving right?

thanks for your responses

parts-express.com

get a jasper jig and youll love it.some of the best $ I ever spent.

030407016-1.jpgduck.jpg

banner2.jpg

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent..

lol i went into lowes and home depot yesterday looking for a jasper jig.....they looked at me like i was an idiot. i was real tickled when they tryed to tell me that circle jigs did not exist for routers....parts express for the win.