Kicker Ks Vs Pg Rsd Vs Pg Xenon?

Hey if you go with the RSDs PM me and let me khow what you think.

Phoenix makes good stuff and they are tryin to get there rep back thats why they brought out the RSD line.

Mid to High quality for a damn good price.

Let me know how it goes.

I would have mine but I'm putting all my money into my charging system.

and if you need a new amp I highly recommend the Sundown SAX-100.2.

I bought 2 3 weeks ago and am loveing them.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Ill try to get them soon but tomarrow I'm going to court and possibly losing my license and up to a $600 ticket. if that goes better than I think I will buy them soon and let you know

I like my amp because its 4 channel and and on 2 of the channels I'm running 2 speakers. I have it run to my 2 kicker 3.5 in speakers and 6.5s in the front and my 5/7s in the rear. dont know if thats a good idea because different ohm loads on different channels. any idea?

Good luck in court man.

As long as your not running different ohm loads on the left and right side your fine.

even if you arn't it probbly won't hurt anything but its still a good idea to keep your left and right side balanced ohm wise.

and for your rear outputs you can almost look at that like its a seperate amp.

Not a great explaination but do you get what I'm sayin.

The way you are setup is fine and nothing to worry about.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

thanks, gonna need it. live in the middle of fricken nowhere even schools an hour away..

ya I get what your sayin thats cool didnt know that it was like that at all.

k cool.

would building the speaker pods be a good idea? what I mean by the speaker pods is I say a guy who made tupperware containers to make it sealed enclosures for them and supposidly it made a huge difference. just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so was it worth it?

would building the speaker pods be a good idea? what I mean by the speaker pods is I say a guy who made tupperware containers to make it sealed enclosures for them and supposidly it made a huge difference. just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so was it worth it?

Mid ranges are funny little things. This question is more manufacture dependent.

The reason I say that is:

When a manufacture designs these type of speakers they know alot of them will be put in doors.

Now I'm just guessing but I would say 60% of doors do not come with little encloses built into them.(some do though)

So when a campany builds there mids they take that into account.

They want that mid to perform good in a free air situation with the whole door being the enlosure.

But I feel mids would do better in a small sealed enclosure and alot do. So from what I have said above I would contact the manufacture and ask them what is the best way to install my mids to get the best results.

If your going with Pheonix I think you should be fine doing a set of sealed kick panels or what ever you were wanting to do.

When you go sealed you get better power handling and lower frequency respose. Just like subs.

Now if they preffer a free air situation ask the manufacture about doing ported kick panels and what are thier recommendations for the size of the enclosure and how big of a port to you need. just like subs.

I just relized you do need a pretty high end mid to do a ported setup.

Good luck

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

Mid ranges are funny little things. This question is more manufacture dependent.

The reason I say that is:

When a manufacture designs these type of speakers they know alot of them will be put in doors.

Now I'm just guessing but I would say 60% of doors do not come with little encloses built into them.(some do though)

So when a campany builds there mids they take that into account.

They want that mid to perform good in a free air situation with the whole door being the enlosure.

But I feel mids would do better in a small sealed enclosure and alot do. So from what I have said above I would contact the manufacture and ask them what is the best way to install my mids to get the best results.

If your going with Pheonix I think you should be fine doing a set of sealed kick panels or what ever you were wanting to do.

When you go sealed you get better power handling and lower frequency respose. Just like subs.

Now if they preffer a free air situation ask the manufacture about doing ported kick panels and what are thier recommendations for the size of the enclosure and how big of a port to you need. just like subs.

I just relized you do need a pretty high end mid to do a ported setup.

Good luck

this is what I was thinking of doing but in the actual doors.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/8

does that seem like a good idea?

but like you said I will call the manufacture and see if they think its a good idea or not.

thanks for all your help and Ill find out withen a couple hours if I'm buying those or not.

this is what I was thinking of doing but in the actual doors.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/8

does that seem like a good idea?

but like you said I will call the manufacture and see if they think its a good idea or not.

thanks for all your help and Ill find out withen a couple hours if I'm buying those or not.

I don't see any problems with that.

Just make sure your windows still go up and down.

Terryswork001.png