Sundown Audio

1 Of 4 Fuses Blew ?

trainman0978

My sub amp , the alpine MRD- M1005 has four 20 amp fuses. It went into protect twice today, first time it has ever done it. The third time it cut off, I gave it a few minutes thinking the inside of the truck was just too damn hot. Well It never came back on, so I go check it out real quick ( on the way to work ) and only one fuse blew out of the four. looking at the amp from the bottom up ( writing and all right side up ) it is the third fuse from the left. Any body know why it would just pop one fuse. I have had this amp almost two years, and I ran the 1/0 about three months ago. The kulicki box is only a few weeks old. So Basically this is just out of the blue. I haven't had a chance to pull the subs out and look them over , or change the fuse yet and see if it does it again. I went to work and won't get back to it for a day or two. Any ideas?

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

bump.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

cool. never had it happen before. I kinda figured since just one blew it couldn't be too bad.

thanks.

My Kulicki Box Build

cool. never had it happen before. I kinda figured since just one blew it couldn't be too bad.

thanks.

You have to remember that the power will travel (for the most part) equal through all the fuses. But fuses will have a tolerance of +/- So you might have a fuse that is not as strong as the others.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived