Sundown Audio

Crunch Gp3000d-pro - Backordered

kentb

It also comes down to price, even at competitor pricing, I can get 3 crunch amps for the price of 2 sundown amps. You tell me what the better value is there.

yes but its not just the amount of watts..its the quality..are you saying crunch is the same quality has sundown?

yes but its not just the amount of watts..its the quality..are you saying crunch is the same quality has sundown?

Without going below 1 ohm like you're not supposed to... The crunch amp and the sundown will put out about the same amout of power. Like I said not the same damn amount, but about the same.

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

If im not mistaken, the crunch is the same as the hifonics thor, id be willing to bet the components are very similar in quality. Sundown amps, if im not mistaken are just zenon amps

S7300145-1.jpg

18 T3 TS 12''s

3 Crunch GP-3000d's

If im not mistaken, the crunch is the same as the hifonics thor, id be willing to bet the components are very similar in quality. Sundown amps, if im not mistaken are just zenon amps

I talked to one of the guys from team maxxsonics and team livewire the gp-3000d is basically the same as the thor. But the thor be built of slightly higher quality components and being underrated but having a more regulated power supply where as the crunch has a loosely regulated power supply (more voltage = more power.)

BTW the crunch amps put out over 3kwrms @ 13.8v and almost 4kwrms @ 14.4 and that was with voltage drops :)

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

If they are then they are some damm good amps i have ran my Thor at .375Ω before without it even getting hot

BTW the crunch amps put out over 3kwrms @ 13.8v and almost 4kwrms @ 14.4 and that was with voltage drops :)

Just an FYI the Sundown did over 3kwatts dropping to 10.75volts.

This topic would be much better if only people with REAL experience stated what they know and have experienced. I see someone mentioned it only had a 250a current draw and in my experience any amplifer that'll do over 3kwatts will pull at least 300a or more of current. That alone makes me skeptical. I do have plenty of experience with the Sundown 3000 and can guarantee that it and the gp3000 are not the same.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Just an FYI the Sundown did over 3kwatts dropping to 10.75volts.

This topic would be much better if only people with REAL experience stated what they know and have experienced. I see someone mentioned it only had a 250a current draw and in my experience any amplifer that'll do over 3kwatts will pull at least 300a or more of current. That alone makes me skeptical. I do have plenty of experience with the Sundown 3000 and can guarantee that it and the gp3000 are not the same.

Hmmm didn't see where I mentioned sundown idiot <_< , and yes I know the saz-3000 puts out well over 3k..... I was just stating that b/c of the stetsom comment.

oh and btw.....ramen was asking if he could fuse it with a 250amp fuse not a 300amp fuse and they require a 300amp fuse. <_<

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Without going below 1 ohm like you're not supposed to... The crunch amp and the sundown will put out about the same amout of power. Like I said not the same damn amount, but about the same.

not talking about how much power..im asking would you consider the crunch to put out clean power like the sundown does?

Archived