ssmokeyy Posted December 26, 2025 Report Posted December 26, 2025 So I know car but I have been looking and home guys do not know much about jl. Im wondering if anyone here know more about the home line of amps? Quote
Loudsinglecab Posted December 27, 2025 Report Posted December 27, 2025 Steve Meade has an insane home theater , and Jl doesn't do home audio lol Quote
Joe X Posted December 28, 2025 Report Posted December 28, 2025 On 12/25/2025 at 11:29 PM, ssmokeyy said: So I know car but I have been looking and home guys do not know much about jl. Im wondering if anyone here know more about the home line of amps? JL audio are done as a company, supposedly the purchasing company will continue to make the drivers but who knows what will happen over time, they are not a car audio group, they want jl audio tech for use in aircraft and boats. kind of not surprised, there are way too many different brands selling car audio subs and amps at less brutal prices. They had some home audio, amplified subs and wall mountable speakers from what I remember. Quote
ssmokeyy Posted December 29, 2025 Author Report Posted December 29, 2025 Jl does have a home audio line. Its so overpriced only the 1% can afford it. Meade does have a system. Not sure i would call it a theater. Its more of a home spl system. I ordered speaker power amps. Made with iceedge modules. 1 Quote
audiofanaticz Posted December 31, 2025 Report Posted December 31, 2025 On 12/29/2025 at 9:56 AM, ssmokeyy said: Meade does have a system. Not sure i would call it a theater. Its more of a home spl system. So because he has 2 giant 33inch subs its a home SPL system and not a home theater?? LMAO He has a 9.2.2.4 Surround system with 9 surround speakers, 2 subs, 2 transducers, and 4 atmos speakers. All are Klipsch speakers besides the 2 B2 33" subs, 19 channels of Audiocontrol amplification being driven by an Audiocontrol DSP of which all this is made and designed for home theater use... But I guess again this is not home theater, maybe the 98" Bravia TV isnt large enough and he needs a projector to have a home theater... 1 Quote
ssmokeyy Posted January 1 Author Report Posted January 1 First dont get upset. Second. Its a living room media setup more than anything than a theater. The speaker placement is not in perfect locations. I do not care if he uses a oled led or projector. What matters moments field of view. That 98 is to small for the room size. To end this with out upsetting more people every one hears and enjoys this hobby differently. I my self has a room that is setup perfect to spec. That has been sound proofed and reflections controlled. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.