Gq85 Posted June 4, 2008 Report Posted June 4, 2008 I need some help choosing some new tweets to buy. The damn Alpines I had blew and I've gone through two pair of Alpines already. I'm looking into some recommendations what do you all suggest? I want something that can get loud but will sound real good doing it. Was looking to spend about $150 but don't mind spending a bit more if their worth it. I'm just afraid that they will blow again. I'm going to have to check the wiring out and see if everything is wired correctly I had taken it to an installer maybe he f*ck'd something up and that's why they have blown. Anyways I am open to suggestions.
Nate197 Posted June 4, 2008 Report Posted June 4, 2008 Have you tried infinity tweeters I have heard they are good but, I do not personally know.
vexproductions Posted June 4, 2008 Report Posted June 4, 2008 i love bayma i have used them for many year's and never a problem and plus they are loud an clear check it out
flashlight_65 Posted June 4, 2008 Report Posted June 4, 2008 the infinity tweets are lovely. nice and crisp yet not overly bright My builds: my caddy my 'hoe friends impala
Gq85 Posted June 4, 2008 Author Report Posted June 4, 2008 I've never tried Infinity before. I was going to originally buy a component set of the Infinity Kappas but decided to go with Alpine Type R components. Only problem I have is if I go with Infinity tweets, they are 2ohm as for the Alpine mids I currently have and I'm still running are 4ohm. If I go with Infinity I won't be able to power them off my amp since I got them wired down to 4ohms. As for the Beyma's what do you recommend? Side note I checked the wiring on the speakers and the tweeters were wired to the midrange of the crossover instead of them being connected to the tweeter of the midrange. I guess that's why the tweets kept on getting blown. Attempting to play a bit too low of frequency's.
loganberry Posted June 4, 2008 Report Posted June 4, 2008 i own these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kar-Design-...sspagenameZWD1V they are not a super highly known brand but sound great and get loud......rusty from dc audio even said they were "bright" My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
Stephen Posted June 4, 2008 Report Posted June 4, 2008 http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=1466 you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
crkondash Posted June 9, 2008 Report Posted June 9, 2008 I need some help choosing some new tweets to buy. The damn Alpines I had blew and I've gone through two pair of Alpines already. I'm looking into some recommendations what do you all suggest? I want something that can get loud but will sound real good doing it. Was looking to spend about $150 but don't mind spending a bit more if their worth it. I'm just afraid that they will blow again. I'm going to have to check the wiring out and see if everything is wired correctly I had taken it to an installer maybe he f*ck'd something up and that's why they have blown. Anyways I am open to suggestions. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11519_Kicker+08KS25.html i have the kicker 08ks25 on an mtx 5604 amp with one channel going to each of them and the other 2 channels going to my 6X9's and they screammmm but its like a beautiful clean scream.. they are great and very durable. high volumes sound great
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.