Buying New Tweets

Gq85

I need some help choosing some new tweets to buy. The damn Alpines I had blew and I've gone through two pair of Alpines already. I'm looking into some recommendations what do you all suggest? I want something that can get loud but will sound real good doing it. Was looking to spend about $150 but don't mind spending a bit more if their worth it. I'm just afraid that they will blow again. I'm going to have to check the wiring out and see if everything is wired correctly I had taken it to an installer maybe he f*ck'd something up and that's why they have blown. Anyways I am open to suggestions.

RF_power_product.gif

I've never tried Infinity before. I was going to originally buy a component set of the Infinity Kappas but decided to go with Alpine Type R components. Only problem I have is if I go with Infinity tweets, they are 2ohm as for the Alpine mids I currently have and I'm still running are 4ohm. If I go with Infinity I won't be able to power them off my amp since I got them wired down to 4ohms.

As for the Beyma's what do you recommend? Side note I checked the wiring on the speakers and the tweeters were wired to the midrange of the crossover instead of them being connected to the tweeter of the midrange. I guess that's why the tweets kept on getting blown. Attempting to play a bit too low of frequency's.

RF_power_product.gif

I need some help choosing some new tweets to buy. The damn Alpines I had blew and I've gone through two pair of Alpines already. I'm looking into some recommendations what do you all suggest? I want something that can get loud but will sound real good doing it. Was looking to spend about $150 but don't mind spending a bit more if their worth it. I'm just afraid that they will blow again. I'm going to have to check the wiring out and see if everything is wired correctly I had taken it to an installer maybe he f*ck'd something up and that's why they have blown. Anyways I am open to suggestions.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11519_Kicker+08KS25.html

i have the kicker 08ks25 on an mtx 5604 amp with one channel going to each of them and the other 2 channels going to my 6X9's and they screammmm but its like a beautiful clean scream.. they are great and very durable. high volumes sound great

Archived