str86diesel thats alot of good information.

and Chevyboy got some love for the Castrol.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

So I want to be 100% sure on this.

If I am to go outside tomorrow and drain the Conventional Mobil 1 5W-30 Oil and filter I am using and pour in a lets just say 5W-30 AMSOIL Synthetic and a good filter would it be good then and not need to be drained again to flush it?

Derp.

You also need to take into account that any oil meeting 2006 specs or newer is a minimum of a 20% synthetic blend as it is. i personally run the Carquest house brand full synthetic in my car which comes out fo the same plant as Valvoline.

x2 valvoline is same thing as carquest brand. plus my mom is a store manager...... so i get it for cheap :D

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

So I want to be 100% sure on this.

If I am to go outside tomorrow and drain the Conventional Mobil 1 5W-30 Oil and filter I am using and pour in a lets just say 5W-30 AMSOIL Synthetic and a good filter would it be good then and not need to be drained again to flush it?

Yes, you will have no problems. What I reccomend though, is make sure you drive your car around and get your existing oil nice and hot (as contaminants stick to hot oil better), then when you get home, let your car cool down for a good 30-60 minutes, then change your oil.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

• 3 weeks later...

oil pressure is a little higher with synthetics over conventionals so if you have any bad seals or a small leak it will be worse

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio