Sonic Electronix

Powering 2 18 Fi Bl's, On A *budget* Help Please...

**yawn**

Has anyone else noticed how A&W always has to get that last word in? It seems like everytime I log on now I see at least a dozen theads that all end with A&W. :wacko:

Fi Bls are conservatively rated at 1000rms but loaded will easily handle 1600rms. The guy that bought 2 of my 18s is putting 2kwatts into each and they handle it well. I think Alpine meant 3000-3500 for the pair, not each.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

yea i fully understood he meant for the pair, but at the same time they dont need to be powered over 1k rms each, adding double thier RMS is basically just asking for probs with a novice imo.

I think it's because most of the fi subs are very underrated... the bl with most options can probably safely run up to 1700wrms, I have mine one 1450 and they barely get warm. I think ALPINE was thinking of the BTL though, which can probably handle 3000wrms safely, and up to 4000wrms in the right hands.

i was thinking of the BL saying 3000 to 3500 rms MAX not to each suboops should of read accordmans post befor i did!!!!

ok i dont belive in giving 3000 rms subs a 3000 watt amp!! thats just stupid if your trying to get the most out of your system OVERPOWER why i like to run a 5000 watt amp to 3000 watt subs that can cruse on the subs all day .... if you run a 3000 watt amp to 3000 watt rms subs chance are your gonna try to get all you can out of the amp to push the speaker.... all day of trying to get max power out of an amp will give you drity power clipping and if the guy only wants to spend 500 on a big amp you can bet your ass his power bank or wire is most likly not up to par

end result = smelly blown up sub

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived