155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Its no excuse. All competitors whether they're Sundown or Stetsom run they're amps at lower impedances and both sides brag about it. So why not test it? It won't be a real world everyday scenario, but I'm sure it will add to the fun. :D

I'm fine with keeping this test more "real" with only rated impedances and daily voltage levels. Just remember that the 2k6d is rated 3kwatts @ 2ohm and the 3000d is rated 3kwatts @ 1ohm.

The reason why I feel that we should keep this as rated is when you get into the lower ohm loads, more of the install will be a key factor in how well the amps perform. I think if your at a point where you want to run .5 or .35 daily or burp, that rated numbers won't matter to you anyway. This is more of a drop in and run test. For all those kids off the street looking to get something different then what the big box stores suggest and sell

Well we got the ok to bang on a 2k6d all we need is for king SUV to set up the testing platform and a date.

KingSuv Get to moving!

I wanna see what These amps Really do...

Let me make some calls, The X is without batteries so I need to get some. ( needed them anyway ) I want to make sure the battery power is plenty for the tests we are planning. Then we need to figure out all the tests we would like to do and post them up so everyone will know up front at what we are planning.

I think once we has a set standard then we can look at a local ( theres Plenty ) to host the tests.

Maybe I can sucker some of team Bassick to help with the loading of the X.

I know David and Tim have a new found respect for all them subs ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'll Come help you load those Sucker's up...

Just tell me when Im free all weekend!

Looks like any show after Tracy will work.

My record for loading the subs was 4 hours start to finish.

I know Kimo is working on some test criteria.

Now would be a good time to see if there is any other grudge matches out there.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i wont comment ...lets see the test ...

If you have something constructive to contribute, then by all means post up

From what I've read from the Termpro test the Stetsom amp is going to do more power at lower voltages than the Sundown. I have also read that the Sundown's will destroy the Stetsom's while playing music. There were some documented cases with the Stetsom amps where they blew up at the 2 ohm reccomended rating. Obviously both amps will fail after a certain amount of abuse, but if an amp isn't that old to begin with and is failing at it's reccomended ohm load then maybe it shouldn't be used for music. Alan Dante is always boasting how good the Stetsom's are for burps, but you never hear him talk the amps up for daily music use. He just got himself in a world of shit over at Termpro for knocking other amp companies and where and how their products are made. HE HAS NO CLASS what so ever, and is so closed minded about other companies that he makes himself look like a fool. If the distributor of an amp is that arrogant and self centered that he wants to cut down everyone else and try and make himself look better, he can keep his fart machines and I'll gladly take a musical powerhouse any day(ie Sundown 3000D) Jacob makes an excellent amplifier and he is also a class act. This man has an unbiased opinion about ALL products on the market and never directly criticises a product to gain reccognition for his product. As far as customer service goes too it's already been proven who will go the extra mile for their customer.

IS THIS TEST REALLY NECESSARY, OR IS IT JUST A THREAD TO START SOME SHIT BETWEEN OPPOSITE SIDES. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION AND A BITCHFEST ISN'T GOING TO GET US ANYWHERE. ALSO, FACTS AREN'T NECESSARILY GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE EITHER BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE LOYAL TO THEIR BRANDS FOR LIFE THROUGH THICK AND THIN.

I just think someone may have started this thread to cause people to choose sides, and it's not worth the time that it takes to type these sentences as I type right now so I'm done with my two pennies worth of this worthless endevor.

From what I've read from the Termpro test the Stetsom amp is going to do more power at lower voltages than the Sundown. I have also read that the Sundown's will destroy the Stetsom's while playing music. There were some documented cases with the Stetsom amps where they blew up at the 2 ohm reccomended rating. Obviously both amps will fail after a certain amount of abuse, but if an amp isn't that old to begin with and is failing at it's reccomended ohm load then maybe it shouldn't be used for music. Alan Dante is always boasting how good the Stetsom's are for burps, but you never hear him talk the amps up for daily music use. He just got himself in a world of shit over at Termpro for knocking other amp companies and where and how their products are made. HE HAS NO CLASS what so ever, and is so closed minded about other companies that he makes himself look like a fool. If the distributor of an amp is that arrogant and self centered that he wants to cut down everyone else and try and make himself look better, he can keep his fart machines and I'll gladly take a musical powerhouse any day(ie Sundown 3000D) Jacob makes an excellent amplifier and he is also a class act. This man has an unbiased opinion about ALL products on the market and never directly criticises a product to gain reccognition for his product. As far as customer service goes too it's already been proven who will go the extra mile for their customer.

IS THIS TEST REALLY NECESSARY, OR IS IT JUST A THREAD TO START SOME SHIT BETWEEN OPPOSITE SIDES. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION AND A BITCHFEST ISN'T GOING TO GET US ANYWHERE. ALSO, FACTS AREN'T NECESSARILY GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE EITHER BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE LOYAL TO THEIR BRANDS FOR LIFE THROUGH THICK AND THIN.

I just think someone may have started this thread to cause people to choose sides, and it's not worth the time that it takes to type these sentences as I type right now so I'm done with my two pennies worth of this worthless endevor.

I think that you are correct about Alan. He is really on his own level when it comes to posting on forums. Now I'm not sure how much is shit talking VS language barrier.

I have no vested interest in either amp. However as well can say at one point about any amp, which is a better bang for my buck? Which one will stay together? which one will fall on it's ass? which one is a better choice for me?

Wouldn't of it been nice to get some real side by side comparison between to comparable brands when you were shopping for an amp? For some, maybe no. But I can tell you there are plenty of people on the fence when it come to deciding one over the other ( no matter the brand)

I would like to see this as one of many head to head tests.

I think that you are correct about Alan. He is really on his own level when it comes to posting on forums. Now I'm not sure how much is shit talking VS language barrier.

I have no vested interest in either amp. However as well can say at one point about any amp, which is a better bang for my buck? Which one will stay together? which one will fall on it's ass? which one is a better choice for me?

Wouldn't of it been nice to get some real side by side comparison between to comparable brands when you were shopping for an amp? For some, maybe no. But I can tell you there are plenty of people on the fence when it come to deciding one over the other ( no matter the brand)

I would like to see this as one of many head to head tests.

x2

Archived