Sundown Audio

2k6d Vs. Saz3000d

Team Bassick - Kimo

1 Ok well your gonna need at LEAST 6 batts if both amps are gonna be on it and time to charge after test

2 the stetsom only needs 4 - 6 volts threw the RCA's to get going I don't want 10 volts going threw the imputs

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I don't think the Stetsoms are not going to like the Max Link.... talking to Alan Stetsom users should not use the Max link ... These amps were built right from the begining to be strapped with out any help with the Max Link..... I'm not too sure about this but wasn't the Maxlink made for Maxxsonics or Hifonics amp to help to be strapped better. Some of the big amps can be strapped but does not like it unless you have a Maxx link... i asked Felix D about that... he blew 1 of his amps last year and he just got it back.

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

1 Ok well your gonna need at LEAST 6 batts if both amps are gonna be on it and time to charge after test

2 the stetsom only needs 4 - 6 volts threw the RCA's to get going I don't want 10 volts going threw the imputs

I thinking 2 Walmart Everstarts and some 10G wire should do the trick. :D

I had well over 1000cca being pulled from the X before so I'm planning on getting plenty of power to feed these badboys.

I don't think the Stetsoms are not going to like the Max Link.... talking to Alan Stetsom users should not use the Max link ... These amps were built right from the begining to be strapped with out any help with the Max Link..... I'm not too sure about this but wasn't the Maxlink made for Maxxsonics or Hifonics amp to help to be strapped better. Some of the big amps can be strapped but does not like it unless you have a Maxx link... i asked Felix D about that... he blew 1 of his amps last year and he just got it back.

I'm not using the maxxlink to strap them. You can use it as an adjustable line driver on any amps. I used it just as a line driver for the Audiobahn amps.When you use it for Strapping non strapable amps, then it's a whole new ball game.

I think around 4-6 volts is plenty for both amps. I wouldn't expect most decks to exceed that.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I had to go look,

The link will adjust the input level from .2v to9v and the output from1v to 9v

But if anyone wants to use a different line driver then it's cool with me.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

The Maxx Link can be used with any amps as a strapping module. It was originally designed for Maxxsonics products, but it works well with many other amps on the market. The Crunch 3000D's are strapable right out of the box without any help from the Maxxlink, but Maxxsonics reccomends using one when running two of these amps strapped. If the Stetsom amp does not work well with a strapping module then it's simple not to use one. I think that the tests should be done on the amps right out of the box without any addition of anything that you wouldn't find in a daily driver. There is no use for a huge battery bank because the average daily car isn't going to have a bank of 4-6 batteries to opperate on. The test should follow guidelines of the average system that is using a 3000 watt amp. Which usually is 2 batteries with one being under the hood and one usually within 30" of the amplifier. What good is it going to do if you test the amps capabilities beyond what the average owner is going to use it for anyway?

interesting......which ever brand "wins" this head to head im sure will be seeing some profit rise.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I really don't think there will be a hands down winner I think each amp will do better in area's that the other amp won't do so good at and vice versus then its up to YOU to make the choice for what amp is best for you or what your trying to do

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

interesting......which ever brand "wins" this head to head im sure will be seeing some profit rise.

I doubt it, these tests have been done before... and each company has won before.... I guess it just depends on who does it and for what purpose you are using them for.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

the more they think they know, the more they get accepted as someone in the know.

Lets show what you are to expect to see out of an amp when your 17 and had to mow lawns all summer to buy one of these amps.

Who deserves the lawn mowing money?

lol thats me in a nutshell. wow i read that and was like hmm sounds like me

and also the lawn mowing comments are dead on... see my thread "So I Forgot I Was White... *pics*"

lol those reasons are exactly why im watchin this thread so closely.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build