Sundown Audio

2k6d Vs. Saz3000d

Team Bassick - Kimo

The Maxx Link can be used with any amps as a strapping module. It was originally designed for Maxxsonics products, but it works well with many other amps on the market. The Crunch 3000D's are strapable right out of the box without any help from the Maxxlink, but Maxxsonics reccomends using one when running two of these amps strapped. If the Stetsom amp does not work well with a strapping module then it's simple not to use one. I think that the tests should be done on the amps right out of the box without any addition of anything that you wouldn't find in a daily driver. There is no use for a huge battery bank because the average daily car isn't going to have a bank of 4-6 batteries to opperate on. The test should follow guidelines of the average system that is using a 3000 watt amp. Which usually is 2 batteries with one being under the hood and one usually within 30" of the amplifier. What good is it going to do if you test the amps capabilities beyond what the average owner is going to use it for anyway?

Thanks for the input on the link. My processor has 1 4v pre-out for the subs. That the only reason I want to boost that signal a bit. I don't think it's fair for each amp to share that.

As far as battery banks, I'm thinking about 4 batteries each. Yes it's more then someone would have in a daily beater, but it will allows us more then average time to fully test them and beat the hell out of them. The charging system is sad at best for the X so It's not they will see 14 volts all day. I see these two eating up battery reserve real quick and them to be fighting for every bit in the 12v range.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I doubt it, these tests have been done before... and each company has won before.... I guess it just depends on who does it and for what purpose you are using them for.

Your right, I have read many tests myself. And other then the massive clutter of bullshit in each test, I've seen too many that have been done by one camp or the other. I'm not saying that they didn't perform their test properly, but at some level it's still a biased test. Couple that with the fact that most test were in spl cars on a burp, it really takes out any useful info for me and others out there.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thanks for the input on the link. My processor has 1 4v pre-out for the subs. That the only reason I want to boost that signal a bit. I don't think it's fair for each amp to share that.

As far as battery banks, I'm thinking about 4 batteries each. Yes it's more then someone would have in a daily beater, but it will allows us more then average time to fully test them and beat the hell out of them. The charging system is sad at best for the X so It's not they will see 14 volts all day. I see these two eating up battery reserve real quick and them to be fighting for every bit in the 12v range.

my money is on the stetsom for this reason. considering they still run @ 9 volts.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Your right, I have read many tests myself. And other then the massive clutter of bullshit in each test, I've seen too many that have been done by one camp or the other. I'm not saying that they didn't perform their test properly, but at some level it's still a biased test. Couple that with the fact that most test were in spl cars on a burp, it really takes out any useful info for me and others out there.

I have no doubt that you will actually test them with more daily use in mind, which will help more daily setup minded people choose between them. I hope your test settles the debate.... but we all know the internet. lol

It is also nice that you are doing it because you don't care who wins or loses because you don't run either.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

This should also be done using what the average joe would have i.e. no more than 1 batt to each amp in the back limited elec for 12volts or lower during full tilt current pull after all other testing has been completed

I can tell you that even with the extra batteries that I will have no problem still getting them well into the low 12's. My truck played in the power range plenty of times with way more batteries. With the extra, it will give me a chance to record the outputs at a slower decline for testing purposes. I will run them fro enough time that we will see plenty of real world voltages from them

I have no doubt that you will actually test them with more daily use in mind, which will help more daily setup minded people choose between them. I hope your test settles the debate.... but we all know the internet. lol

It is also nice that you are doing it because you don't care who wins or loses because you don't run either.

Nope, don't have plans to run either at the moment, but I hope what I do to them helps others.

Archived