Sundown Audio

2k6d Vs. Saz3000d

Team Bassick - Kimo

i thought you guys where just going to mail the amps to king and let him video tape it? now everyone has to wait for a show?..lol this shit aint happening..and to start another thread just waisting more bandwidth..

There are plenty of both types of people to carry out at an upcoming show.

Now we just need to set down and decide how exactly we would like to run the tests.

I followed the one over on TP and it was a fairly good test. What I didn't like was it was done with burps. Well, I don't burp my car.

With that being said, I would like to see music, Heavy bass type is cool with me, but I will let the respected corners figure that out.

Now I have 16 12's I will divide the 8 up for each group to beat on. I can have them ready to wire any way possible. If the people want to see them configured different ways then by all means lets have at it.

I think it will better serve each brand to show some real world numbers. Don't expect 15-18 volts cause I don't roll like that, and I know most other people don't as well

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell ya a few things about daily beating. The Audiobahn 1801's I had were ran as low as 8 volts at times. The meter would just say low, wouldn't show a voltage.

I'm a big fan of pushing things hard when need be.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

whats everyones fixation with the word bandwidth?

they think it makes them sound cool. one person said it once and they were like cool a new word for me to use.

now as far as conclusions on the amps. wut we need to do is find out wut exactly we are testing for in order to reach conclusions. thats why i think my suggestions would be best

a test for efficiency ( have both amps make the same amount of power and see which one uses more amps at a constant voltage)

a test of power (put them both on some subs using the same ohm loads and same electrical and open the babies up to see which one creates more power)

a test for stability (put the amps on small ohm loads and make them both play the same song or tone for a specific amount of time, whichever fries first loses)

and also if possible %THD ( play music or tones at high volumes and low ohm loads and see which one has less total harmonic distortion)

for a real conclusion u cant just hook the amps up to some subs and say whoever is louder wins.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

they think it makes them sound cool. one person said it once and they were like cool a new word for me to use.

now as far as conclusions on the amps. wut we need to do is find out wut exactly we are testing for in order to reach conclusions. thats why i think my suggestions would be best

a test for efficiency ( have both amps make the same amount of power and see which one uses more amps at a constant voltage)

a test of power (put them both on some subs using the same ohm loads and same electrical and open the babies up to see which one creates more power)

a test for stability (put the amps on small ohm loads and make them both play the same song or tone for a specific amount of time, whichever fries first loses)

and also if possible %THD ( play music or tones at high volumes and low ohm loads and see which one has less total harmonic distortion)

for a real conclusion u cant just hook the amps up to some subs and say whoever is louder wins.

well you donate the amp and im sure king can do this for you, otherwise its very stupid for you to expect this kind of test especially on a $900 sundown amp

well you donate the amp and im sure king can do this for you, otherwise its very stupid for you to expect this kind of test especially on a $900 sundown amp

i understand that

i was just telling examples of tests that are conclusive

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

there actually has already been test on the 2 over on termpro and also there was a thread about it on ***, it is never conclusive EVER, so rather pointless. If you want a sundown get one if you want a Stetsom get one

x2
crxsilogozz5.gif

Its 900 for the 3000d? Is that refurb price brand new or msrp??

and on that note the ultimate test

price per watt

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0