Sundown Audio

Should I be tough enough to pound them daily at 1ohm or do I need more? Should I run them daisy chained and gain matched or strap them at 2ohm? Subs are 4 15" dual 1ohms.

I think you'll be alright as long as you're not playing full tilt all the time. A good precaution would be to install a nice digital volt meter up front so you can keep an eye on it. As for the amps I would run them strapped just for the convenience of only needing one remote knob.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

The remote knob is a good point and since I'm going to be needing it so i can set my gains then turn it down daily and then turn it up for comps it would be much more convenient to turn it down and up with a knob than screwdriver and dmm. What will a strapped pair do at 2ohm? 6200-6400?

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

whats the minimum voltage that the sundown amps will run safely on .5ohms or 1 ohm strapped?

whats the minimum voltage that the sundown amps will run safely on .5ohms or 1 ohm strapped?

I don't suggest letting your voltage sag under 12 for extended periods of time - if it does that means your charging system is inadequate.

It's pretty uncommon to see any issues above 11 even for long periods, though -- on burps into the 10s really won't hurt them. Many people running them in "street" with one battery drop them down like that frequently for burps without issues.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

What will a strapped pair do at 2ohm? 6200-6400?

Also, when i strap the pair do I turn the phase 180 on the Slave amplifier? I know you do on my orion's but I didn't know how that BR ouput worked and if it did or not.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

What will a strapped pair do at 2ohm? 6200-6400?

Also, when i strap the pair do I turn the phase 180 on the Slave amplifier? I know you do on my orion's but I didn't know how that BR ouput worked and if it did or not.

Yes you'd switch the phase to 180 on the slave amp if I remember correctly.

The *** forums has a tutorial for strapping the amps. ;)

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Can Jacob chime in on that? I looked on *** and didn't see where it specified.

Can Jacob chime in on that? I looked on *** and didn't see where it specified.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7406

EDIT: Just looked there and didn't see anything mentioned about the phase switch setting.

Edited by emat19876

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo