People At Oil Change Places Amaze Me

I've got a question? How can you drain the oil put a new filter on, put the plug in and slam the hood? Am I the only one that puts a quart in the filter before screwing it on and dabbing it around the O-ring on the filter so they come off easier? I mean honestly it's a simple process. Drain oil, remove filter, replace drain plug, fill filter with oil, lube o-ring, screw filter on, then since you've already opened a quart any competent person puts the other 4 in.

i put a little bit in the filter and go around the o-ring. thats when i had my truck.

now that i have my car and its under warranty, i just take it to honda and have them do it. its like 32 for an oil change and rotate and wash. not bad i dont say. then they do like a 25 point inspection. if you cant have the dealer you bought the car from do the work, thats when u know you need to do it yourself. and if you bring in your own oil (i think all they have is quaker state), then theyll deduct the price of the oil off the change ;)

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I quit changing all my oil once I started living in apartments, and now with the townhouse, just impractical. Neighbors bitch If I start gutting the interior so install sound deadener :( ... I don't go to the dealer, but there is a very reputable shop around here "savannah Tire" they got stores allover the area. I trust them, they do a damn good job, and they actually get me a toyota filter at no extra charge :) 32 bucks for synthetic blend a tire rotation and a factory filter. cant beat it.

yea savannah tire is pretty reputable john.

i took my mustang there a few times, but ill do my own oil changes.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

if the oil filter is installed straight up. then you can put oil in it, if it's to the side, you don't put oil in it, you always put new oil on the filters gaskets, on the computer, it tells us exactly how much to put in the filter, and how much to put in the engine.. but don't get your oil changed at that place that does "just tires"

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

yea savannah tire is pretty reputable john.

i took my mustang there a few times, but ill do my own oil changes.

I have been doing business with them since you were about five years old !!! Thanks for the re assurance anyhow. :)

I turned wrenches for pay for a while, I do not miss doing it , and I don't miss the mess. I can not change my oil in front of my townhome.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties