People At Oil Change Places Amaze Me

So I got get my oil changed today and I'm sitting on my phone checking my mail... when I look up and there is 6people from the oil change place looking in my engine bay... i'm thinking hmmm it's a 3800... pretty common motor. So finially after they sat there in awe for a couple minutes some smart ass comes upto me "why the hell you got all those power wires?"... i have the big three done.

I tried explaining it to him so he could understand... I said "I have an ohio generator alternator, you've heard of ohio generator right?" ofcourse he says he has... "so you know about ohio generator and you don't know why I have the wires?" he says "nope, looks like a regular alternator to me"...

so i told him the factory wires aren't recomended for high amperage applications...

he proceeds to tell me alternators only put out voltage, not amperage... I told him no that's not how it works... he wanted to argue. i just said "hey man i could really get into this with you, but i just want an oil change... i've been an installer for five years, i'm mecp certified, and i work for dukes(we are a big shop in the area)." finially he said ok and went back to his car.

This was after they tried telling me my brand new serpintine belt was bad, i need a new pcv valve(replaced 10,000 miles ago), and my trans needed "flushed"... ohh yah the tranny is less than a year old :) gotta love scammers. sorry just wanted to vent and no one was home to tell my story to :)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Thats funny "whats all these wires for?"

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I will never go to any sort of "oil-change" shack or "quick lube" place. Just not gonna risk it. I friend of mine ( older guy ) bought a brand new crown vic back in like october of last year , took in into Jiffy lube, the second oil change ever done to this car, mind you .... The put the drain plug back in, stuck a new filter on it, and closed the damn hood. No oil into the engine. They bought the car a from him a few days later...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

I will never go to any sort of "oil-change" shack or "quick lube" place. Just not gonna risk it. I friend of mine ( older guy ) bought a brand new crown vic back in like october of last year , took in into Jiffy lube, the second oil change ever done to this car, mind you .... The put the drain plug back in, stuck a new filter on it, and closed the damn hood. No oil into the engine. They bought the car a from him a few days later...

Same thing happend with my aunts mustang but at walmart :rolleyes:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Normally I do all my own work... i mean i am very mechanically inclined... just too busy with school and working 40hours a week at the shop... when i get out of work i'm dead or just want to goto the bar... only reason i had them do my oil.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

I won't take my car to any lube shop of the sort I'll do it myself.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I quit changing all my oil once I started living in apartments, and now with the townhouse, just impractical. Neighbors bitch If I start gutting the interior so install sound deadener :( ... I don't go to the dealer, but there is a very reputable shop around here "savannah Tire" they got stores allover the area. I trust them, they do a damn good job, and they actually get me a toyota filter at no extra charge :) 32 bucks for synthetic blend a tire rotation and a factory filter. cant beat it.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Ya to the OP you seem very knowledgeable of it. You cant do your own oil changes?
Normally I do all my own work... i mean i am very mechanically inclined... just too busy with school and working 40hours a week at the shop... when i get out of work i'm dead or just want to goto the bar... only reason i had them do my oil.

Installing 40hours a week... kinda makes you tried of working on cars when you get home. And coming home to do 3-4hours of programming doesn't really leave me time to work on my own car :)

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995