Power Wires/battery Help!

Let me asks you guys this. When I was looking at the shop owners suburban, I notice the he went from the alterntor to the isolator then to the battery. All of the dual battery setups I've seen went from the pos of main battery to the isolator to the pos of the aux battery. Is there anything wrong with going from the Alt to the isolator?

Seeing that this will be the first time that I hook up two batteries in any car, and this is still a brand new truck, in my own mind I feel I would be safer if I included the isolator. So the isolator is in for now.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

well its your car, cant really tell you what to do with it. But personally i dont trust people at shops because they sometimes screw up their own rides, and personally i wouldnt want to run an isolator in my car seeing as i wouldnt need one.

But its your car, cant really tell you what to do so good luck ^_^

isolator is only handy if you play ur music for long periods of time with the car off, so when you are ready to leave, flip the switch and u got a fully charged battery to start the car instead of two nearly dead ones...

any change to the electrical not done by a dealership is going to void the warranty, you just have to take everything out before the dealership sees it and return it to factory... what they dont know wont hurt em' :rolleyes:

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

isolator is only handy if you play ur music for long periods of time with the car off, so when you are ready to leave, flip the switch and u got a fully charged battery to start the car instead of two nearly dead ones...

As stated by any alternator company.. Isolaters provide a false sense of safty.

People then think that they can safely play their radio all day long and drain the battery while knowing they still have a fully charged starting battery. Then when the alternator goes to charge your drained battery you risk frying your alt.

Alternators are not battery chargers and are not meant to charge up dead batteries or even half dead batteries. Alternators are to keep your batteries maintained with a charge.

This is why you see so many batteries in bigger systems, the stereo is running off your battery banks, and your alts are just keeping your batteries charged for the most part.

for $350 you can get a HC2400 off of ebay with shipping. the HC1800 shouldn't run you that much on ebay ...... less than $350 i know that for sure.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module