My Car Was In Forrest Gump!

sdrawkcaB

Yep, my 1977 Chevy Nova is famous!!!

WANT PROOF???

Read below and then watch the video clip. I don't lie.

It was in the opening scene of Forrest Gump when he was sitting on the bench when the white fether floated to his feet. In this scene, you can see my car drive by a church, and then right in front of Forrest Gump.

How do I know this? Supposedly one of the people who played a minor part as one of the extras in the movie talked to the owner of the car when they were shooting the movie. He wanted to buy it but the owner at the time said no and he has been tracking it down ever since. He called us a while ago, and asked if it was for sale... After he told us who he was and why he wanted the car, it made us think twice about selling it... He even provided us with the numbers of the car in the movie, and to our suprise, THEY MATCHED OURS!! He offered a HEFTY amount of money but after finding out this little secret about our car, we kindly declined his offer.

So yeah, my car is famous!

HERES THE PROOF:

Check out this youtube clip of the opening scene of the movie, and watch my car drive right by at 1:09 and 1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1AANzOElKw

Here it is, driving right infront of Forrest:

Posted Image

And here is the link to my cardomain page for comparison:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2927813

Oh yeah!!!! *dances* :lol:

Custom 1977 Chevy Nova Show Car:

(1) Kenwood KDC-MP638U Head Unit

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 12" P3D412

(1) Rockford Fosgate P1000.1bd @ 1ohm

(1) Rockford Fosgate PEQ Bass Remote

(1) Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital Capacitor RFC1D

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG Power/Ground wire

Under construction:

(2) Rockford Fosgate P162C 6.0" 2-Way Full-Range Speakers up front

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1694C 6"x9" 4-Way Full-Range Speakers in the back

EVERYTHING hidden to maintain authentic look

That movie is the shizzle, I think I would hold onto that baby for a long long time

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

DECK - Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

INTERIOR - Infinity Reference 6020cs

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUBS - 2 15" RF Punch P3s

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

REAR BATT. - Stinger SPP1200

Just a lil sum sum to get me back in the game!!

I never would have thought that when I bought it....

And when I found out that the numbers mached my jaw dropped.

Even though it wasnt a mojor appearance by any means, I still think its pretty cool. It gives me a little something more to brag about at carshows now lol

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

Under construction:

I know, I though to myself, man I need to rip all this stereo stuff out now and restore it back to stock... Luckily I never hacked anything apart and all of the original is still intact. Like my sig says, I put a lot of work into trying to make everything appear stock so it shouldnt be too hard. Plus its a show car si its pretty much restored anyways.

Time to get something new and build a bigger and better system.

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

Under construction:

• 1 month later...

that is certainly cool and all, but I don't think it is gonna make worth boatloads of money since it wasn't driven by the main character , or really part of the story. Going on what you said, there are a couple of local cars still here in savannah that were in Midnight in the garden of good and evil, forces of nature, the ginger bread man , Now and then, Wild America, The General's Daughter , The Gift, Swamp thing, Return of the Swamp Thing..... All of these were filmed here. along With the Ever Famous Forrest Gump, the legend of Bagger Vance...

All of these movies were filmed in savannah Ga, as well. Almost all of the extras and cars used in the sets were acquired locally. Most likely your car is probably valuable to that guy because he remembers it, and he was in the same movie that your car was. I am not trying to shoot ya down here, just trying to get you to see that , considering how badly that guy wants that car, you may want to reconsider if the money is as good as you say it is. His sentimental value may be your chance to profit ...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Oh and as a side not for ya, that tall building you see in the beginning of Forrest Gump ( the square building that is tan and brown on top and white marble on the bottom ) is the Georgia Freemasons Hall, Home of the Scottish rite , Valley of Savannah...Which I am a member of. The White Marble Facade on the ground floor is where , at one time years ago was a pharmacy. The same pharmacy you see in the Midnight in the Garden of good and Evil, and the character is sitting at the bar with the flies swarming around him. I can't remember the characters name, but it was the guy that threatened to poison the aquifer with a little vile of some poisonous chemical. That old Pharmacy, Called Solomon's Drug Store, was in business there for years. When My dad was a teenager ( he is 60 now ) he sold boiled peanuts in front of that pharmacy and in the squares that make savannah famous, damn near year round. People wrote into the Savannah Morning News for a few seasons ( the way my grandma tells it ) asking what happened to the boy that sold the peanuts downtown... My grandparents and their children simply moved out to the edge of the county...

sorry for the thread jack....Some days I love this city. other days I am embarrassed to even be associated with it...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Archived