Second Skin Audio

interesting idea: marble box ...

You could put rods through the box to keep it from flexing. Just like in an MDF box. We'll find out...at least I'm determined to find out here soon. Well, after New Years, but I'm gonna find out how it sounds. I'll take pics, make vids, and give box specs after I try it. I just gotta find someone with a welder and some free time to help out.

You could put rods through the box to keep it from flexing. Just like in an MDF box. We'll find out...at least I'm determined to find out here soon. Well, [glow=red,2,300]after New Years, but I'm gonna find out how it sounds. I'll take pics, make vids, and give box specs after I try it[/glow]. I just gotta find someone with a welder and some free time to help out.

Sounds good man.

I think a box of steel will just make an echo bass note if that makes any sense.

its resonance would be like woah. it would have to be about 1/2" thick for it not to resonate.

What about putting dynamat inside the box to keep it from resonating so much??? I'm not saying to line the WHOLE inside of the box with it, just enough so it don't ping so much.