JeepSpl Posted June 29, 2008 Report Posted June 29, 2008 I really get tired of people deciding they want to join the miltary and then trying to back out. I had many soldiers in my basic training trying to do this. In all reality there are many ways to do it but out of resect of other soldiers on this forum just research it on google there are many sites. Having done two tours to Iraq myself I have often thought about getting out mainly because of my daughter and wife, But I will just finish my time and get out when my contract ends. And National Guard isnt that bad,yea you might end up in Iraq But so does everybody else. 1 15" Nighthade Sundown 1500D 3.4cubes @ 34
dmanson Posted June 29, 2008 Report Posted June 29, 2008 Great quote ^^^ there...I'm learning to work on helicopters and may even be a pilot (or swimmer)...All of which require no violence Unless of course pirates are shooting at the chopper and i've been in for just about ten years and work on helicopters. you see some awesome stuff bro. i've been to a lot of places overseas that my parents will never ever see and the military has done that for me along with making over $50K a year and free med and dental. can't beat it. 2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s 1-DC 5K amp (1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR) 3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative. (2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear) Audiocontrol 3.1. DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module
All Night Long Posted June 29, 2008 Report Posted June 29, 2008 I would go if that's what you want, and don't go if you don't want to either. Don't let people's opinions here influence your decision. It's your choice on what to do that you think is best for you and your family. It doesn't matter what anyone here thinks of you. Most of the guys here wouldn't even have the balls to attempt to do something like that anyway, and they have no business judging you. Some guys here have and that's their right to voice their opinion too. You are the one that has to live with the decision though.
Godsmack Posted June 29, 2008 Report Posted June 29, 2008 one tour done. Going for a 2nd here soon I think..........depends on how some shit goes. I guess my bluntness is not welcome. But this is a subject I hold close to my heart. I have met some of the best people beacuse of the military, and certainly some of the worst too. You ain't gonna get rich unless u deploy ALOT and save as much as you physically can. But its something to be proud of and something employers look VERY favoribally on (spelling??) Also, last but not least I have been to a grip of funerals for my brothers and sisters in arms. Including a kid I grew up with and his mom was alot like my mom. We were tight as anything. point is, you want out then get out. do what u gotta do. I just get pissed at how many people in this great country of ours take the freedom for granted and don't wanna answer the call. all cause some drill sergeant is gonna yell in their face. Do me a favor kiss ur mama and daddy tonight. Tell them "thank you for raising such an ungreatful pussy. thank you for teaching me to back out on my word. thank you for coddeling me all throught my years. I hope my life hasn't been a dissapointment to you, and Dad...........I hope you don't wish that I was the one load that mama would of swallowed." J "No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country." George Patton
David Posted June 29, 2008 Report Posted June 29, 2008 Most of the guys here wouldn't even have the balls to attempt to do something like that anywayspeak for yourself, never try and speak for others, I was Denied 3x's becuase of a medical condition, I would Jump at the chance to Defend this Great Country.Godsmack, you have earned the right to speak up, thank you for doing what I wasnt aloud todo.
mrrairai Posted June 29, 2008 Report Posted June 29, 2008 When I was on recruiting duty the applicant wasn't committed until they went to boot camp. Talk to your recruiter and let them know the issues you're having. They can't make you go to boot camp and normally an attrite from the DEP program doesn't count against you. Now that I think of it, if you have drilled at least one time you're pretty much stuck. I forgot some reservists and guard personnel start drilling before boot camp. Also for those of you hating because he doesn't want to go.....look at it this way. Wouldn't you rather fight along side someone that wants to be there? When you're out to sea, on the battlefield, or even just training you want a person that's giving 100% right by your side because when you're out there that other person is all you got. So if he doesn't want to go let him be. Member since 25 Jun 2006 2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques
2001JeepGrandCherokee Posted June 29, 2008 Report Posted June 29, 2008 Well he doesn't have to go, the world can always use more ditch diggers.haha...I love caddy shack.
Godsmack Posted June 29, 2008 Report Posted June 29, 2008 speak for yourself, never try and speak for others, I was Denied 3x's becuase of a medical condition, I would Jump at the chance to Defend this Great Country. Godsmack, you have earned the right to speak up, thank you for doing what I wasnt aloud todo. no thanks needed. I am proud to do this. And I know roscoe was hella proud too, and is still proud of what he did. "No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country." George Patton
Godsmack Posted June 30, 2008 Report Posted June 30, 2008 When I was on recruiting duty the applicant wasn't committed until they went to boot camp. Talk to your recruiter and let them know the issues you're having. They can't make you go to boot camp and normally an attrite from the DEP program doesn't count against you. Now that I think of it, if you have drilled at least one time you're pretty much stuck. I forgot some reservists and guard personnel start drilling before boot camp. Also for those of you hating because he doesn't want to go.....look at it this way. Wouldn't you rather fight along side someone that wants to be there? When you're out to sea, on the battlefield, or even just training you want a person that's giving 100% right by your side because when you're out there that other person is all you got. So if he doesn't want to go let him be. Actually its only if he got paid. If no way was issued for drills he can still leave. and the program is called DEP Delayed Entry Program "No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country." George Patton
roscoe1129 Posted June 30, 2008 Report Posted June 30, 2008 no thanks needed. I am proud to do this. And I know roscoe was hella proud too, and is still proud of what he did.yes I am SSG and will never back down at deployment if called upon again. It would be an honor to serve with you again. kiddo Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.