Sonic Electronix

off topic, but what was that song in the video please?

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

off topic, but what was that song in the video please?

lets plan a robbery......and to to the member that gave props to semmes. i went to MGM my whole high school 9-12.....small world.........i fixed the prob by the way i did do the volt meter but put it a lil higher and works great

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

One of your main problems may be that Jensen HU. Someone here told me that Jensen does not supply the right voltages to the amp like it should. Like it only puts out .5 volts instead of two or something.

I believe that I have the same problem as you. I have to turn the gains way high with my Jensen POS in order to get decent output from the setup

One of your main problems may be that Jensen HU. Someone here told me that Jensen does not supply the right voltages to the amp like it should. Like it only puts out .5 volts instead of two or something.

I believe that I have the same problem as you. I have to turn the gains way high with my Jensen POS in order to get decent output from the setup

yeah man i know ive been told the same thing. had the manual with the headunit and looked through it...says it puts out 2v output so not very high....unlike others that put ou4 or even 6v output...so i do tend to have the gain a lil higher than usual....doesnt seem to mess with the amp any, takes it just fine.....i love my new Fi sub....will you notic a big diff if i upgrade from stock elc????? would it be small or very noticeable diff??????thanks mike

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Man I don't like the voltage calculators. I do it by ear.

Go ahead and set your gains by ear again.

Play your system for a while then put your hand on the cone of the woofer and see if its hot.

If its not hot, odds are your fine.

Your ears won't lie if you know what to listen for.

I run my shit at about 10 more volts than what these calculators say and I'm on the same set of woofers for acouple years.

I haven't blown a sub in probbly 6 years so I say screw the calculator.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

man make sure you have a decent pre amp output. It should hopefully be around 4 volts....any less and you will start to have to put the gain up mad high to get the same amount of power. I had a similar problem and I found a place on my head unit (subw setting) that could raise and when I tuned it to that setting on full I gained approx 3-4dbs.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

One of your main problems may be that Jensen HU. Someone here told me that Jensen does not supply the right voltages to the amp like it should. Like it only puts out .5 volts (Bingo)instead of two or something.

most amps go from 9-6v down to .2v...... even if you have a 1 volt signal coming from headunit the gain would be at 4/5s up..... try to get a preamp/crossover or new headunit and it will be a huge difference

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

thats why most of us that have a serious setup run a line driver of some sort.

Steves AVIC n1 is only 2v preout but the RF 360.2s im guessing have a built in line driver much like the Audiocontrol unit he replaced with them.