get a chicken on one arm, and the hoopty on the other

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Dude go with something personal.

all my ink is personal and i have alot more to go.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

what ever you do, don't pick ANYTHING off of the wall. Flash is shit, PURE SHIT. Find a artist that has a good portfolio, looking at pics of his / her actual work on skin. Get them to draw something up. If you don't like the first rendering, they should be more than happy to change what ever it is that you do or don't like. If they are not willing to work with you, go somewhere else. A good artist will understand that you are getting your first one, and they obviously know that it is basically permanent ( unless you get the laser done. Trust me , that shit hurts - been lasered 7 times removing my first tattoo ) and they will do whatever they can to make you happy and comfortable. Try to decide what is important to you, either from your past , present or future . Hell it could just be some artwork that you really like , and you think looks cool. Tattoos don't have to have a sentimental value or "mean" something like all the T.V. shows portray. Just ask yourself - Will you be okay with this tattoo 20-30 years from now. Will you regret it when your 60 and showing your grand kids? Do you like the artist when you start to him/her? Do you feel comfortable in the shop? Do you think you would be willing to go bigger if they recommend it? Most artists encounter a first timer and they try to get them to get a bigger tattoo. This is not a sales gimmick, it purely so the tattoo will look better initially, and will age with you better, hold more detail over your life span, more color work will show on a bigger tattoo. Most people always wish that their first tattoo was bigger. Most people regret the art subject matter of the 1st tattoo. Is this what you want to have happen to you?

Be patient, shop around ( not price wise, but artist wise ) and find they shop and the artist you really are most impressed with. Do NOT try to haggle prices. This is piss poor etiquette and basically considered disrespectful. Most shops won't try to take you for a ride that empties your bank account. Check out every shop in your area, look through every portfolio that you can, and then think about for a while before you set the cash on the counter. You will find a shop you like, some artist will "get" your style and be able to put your mental images on paper the way you see them, and you will end up with a quality piece that you won't regret. Don't be afraid if a shop asks for a deposit on doing final artwork, this is the norm most places, and they will roll it into your final tattoo price. If they take deposits , they won't mind you tweaking the artwork to get just right for you. They are in business to put artwork on you that YOU like, not that they like.

If you continue getting tattoos, you may eventually find a artist that you really like, trust and have had tattoo you several times. You might find that you develop a trust with the guy and just let him " do whatever he wants" .... This can lead to amazing art, but it requires trust. Every tattooist is really good at doing one style in particular, either because they have excessive talent in that area, or it is just their favorite style to do. Then is when you know you are getting good work. When a artist gets excited about doing a piece because you give them free reign to do what ever they think when look good on you - you tend to walk away with a truly amazing piece, and you get a better price cause the guy actually enjoyed and really wanted to do the piece.

Also, always try and tip the artist. At least 10% of the total cost of the tattoo. I try to tip 15% , some folks don't tip at all. If you tip the first time, you will get a better price the next time. Most shops get half of the tattoo fee, and the artists get the other half. the split varies from place to place, but a artist talking to a client that is a good consistent tipper, will charge less, cause they know they will make it up in the tip - that the shop gets no part of...

Once again. Do your research, Don't listen to your friends. Make up your mind for yourself. Don't make a impulse decision. Do ask questions. Do talk the artist. Try to be as clear as possible when telling them what you want or like, don't want and dislike. Try to give them as much of your thought process as you can. No impulse decisions. :)

sorry form my long rant. I have spent thousands on ink and ink laser removal. I didn't listen, I learned the hard way. :hi:

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties