Time For Me To Learn From The Competitors.. Db's And Such

First and foremost man good job on this thread. Its folks like you that make a forum like this grow. I mean to come out and say you were wrong and please show me the right way is very impressive.

DB Drag

Usaci

Iasca

all of these organizations meter vehicles differently. However, they all use the same mic. I was reading the thread last night and there were two measurements mentioned. Kick Panel (Usaci) and Windshield (dB Drag) placements. Just between those two measurements you can see a gain or loss of around 3db.

Now for what the common belief to a lot of people dont' know is that a 1 db gain is basically getting 10x louder. You might call B.S. but its basic math really. The measurement incriments are measured in .10 (tenths). so therefore, from 144.5 db to 145.5 db you theortically 10x louder. Now to the human ear its hard to tell .10 difference. However, 10db difference is day and night.

What ISO said about dealing 160db is true. at that point every .10 counts. oh and doubling power doesn't automatically get you the 3 db gain anymore. doubling power to get a 3db gain kinda goes away once you reach the 150 marker. Once your in that 150 db club. You can't see playing with anything less.

I hope you found some of this stuff helpful.

yellow. the truth behind db's is yellow. the brighter the better. stickers help too, especially if they're yellow...but it's not the same as say, gel coating your port yellow.

ancient db ninja secret.

that and beer.

LMFAO

so randy has known this secret for awhile now hasnt he?

i know not what you speak....but assman is ancient :o

/first rule of fight club.

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

LMFAO

so randy has known this secret for awhile now hasnt he?

i know not what you speak....but assman is ancient :o

/first rule of fight club.

The one that speaks the truth knows all. :db:

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

First and foremost man good job on this thread. Its folks like you that make a forum like this grow. I mean to come out and say you were wrong and please show me the right way is very impressive.

DB Drag

Usaci

Iasca

all of these organizations meter vehicles differently. However, they all use the same mic. I was reading the thread last night and there were two measurements mentioned. Kick Panel (Usaci) and Windshield (dB Drag) placements. Just between those two measurements you can see a gain or loss of around 3db.

Now for what the common belief to a lot of people dont' know is that a 1 db gain is basically getting 10x louder. You might call B.S. but its basic math really. The measurement incriments are measured in .10 (tenths). so therefore, from 144.5 db to 145.5 db you theortically 10x louder. Now to the human ear its hard to tell .10 difference. However, 10db difference is day and night.

What ISO said about dealing 160db is true. at that point every .10 counts. oh and doubling power doesn't automatically get you the 3 db gain anymore. doubling power to get a 3db gain kinda goes away once you reach the 150 marker. Once your in that 150 db club. You can't see playing with anything less.

I hope you found some of this stuff helpful.

that helps alot man.

this stuff is the kinda info i need

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

link to said thread of pwnage :D

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

link to said thread of pwnage :D

it was ray's thread where my sweat has been goin lately. my pwnage was amidst the discussion between skip and david.

if u must mock me :sad::rofl:

Edited by IH8PunkRok

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

it was ray's thread where my sweat has been goin lately. my pwnage was amidst the discussion between skip and david.

if u must mock me :sad::rofl:

Nahhh i think you had it right, but just not to the ear

Like in terms of pressure or whatever those tests took into account it might be x2 as much

I think LS2 made a great post in that same thread that got overlooked, go reread his and youll see your answer

But yes....10db diff is EXTREMELY louder, think about 170 to 180....thats like internal bleeding to DEATH in a 10db diff haha

2004 Explorer4 12" Type R500.1(.5 ohm)6cu@35hz153@ 44hz

Nahhh i think you had it right, but just not to the ear

Like in terms of pressure or whatever those tests took into account it might be x2 as much

I think LS2 made a great post in that same thread that got overlooked, go reread his and youll see your answer

But yes....10db diff is EXTREMELY louder, think about 170 to 180....thats like internal bleeding to DEATH in a 10db diff haha

i read lsn2's post. he's a brilliant guy. but i didnt wanna chime in again about it since i had already gotten on the bad side of david (or at least annoyed him a little)

now think about it this way

u have $1 which aint alot

now double it

now u have $2 which still aint alot

(lower db readings)

u have 1 million dollars which is alot of money that can last for a long time

now double it

now u have alot of alot of money

(higher db readings)

basically wut im sayin is as the number gets bigger twice as much gets equivalently larger

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Car audio competitors always make a mathematician shake his head in confusion. The mathematician will sit down and figure out what the audio system should do, on paper. The competitor will prove him wrong (or confuse the hell outta him) by building a system that out does what the mathematician has come up with.

:)

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Car audio competitors always make a mathematician shake his head in confusion. The mathematician will sit down and figure out what the audio system should do, on paper. The competitor will prove him wrong (or confuse the hell outta him) by building a system that out does what the mathematician has come up with.

:)

Nicely said.