some know the details, but for those who dont, this is a build for 32 sundown E8 subwoofers :) powered by 2 SAZ-3000D's strapped @ 2 ohms. the box is aimed at 16 cubes, but due to the damn small space i have to work with (lol i have an SUV and i said small space :D:lol:), it's going to be 14-15 cubes. tuned at around 33-34 hz. give or take since i dno the exact box space. it might take a little while to get finished. i need 4 extra hands to hold some rings while i glue em in place to make sure i know where they go to fit all of them. top part of the clamshell wont be so bad as far as placement, but bottom sucks! i can only go so far out because the seats are in the way. i can only angle them to a certain extent because i cant let one ring overlap another because the sub will completely cover the ring. so tricky...but fun still so far. enough jabbering, i'll post some pics

first some brief pics of the goodies

Posted Image

Posted Image

VERY basically what it'll look like

Posted Image

i'll have to get some more pics of the box itself next time i'm workin on it. here's some of the port in

Posted Image

fuckin rings made me feel like this 80 haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

spare BTL's make good weights :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

there's 3 in so far (5 of you count the 2 on the port side 8))

busy tomorrow, MIGHT get a lil time to work on it monday. can at least add the lil bit of the extra length of the port i need if anything. but i wanna get the rings in asap so i can start glassin

the curves on the edge of the box are cut out to go around the seats. (grrr...thought i had pics of that) it's kinda cool...sitting in the back feels almost like you're kinda sitting inside the box itself.

I don't like that you are using my future subs as weights.... LOL

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Have fun wiring, it took me almost 3 days to wire my 40 12", and make sure they were all in phase.....

Make sure the are all in phase, other wise you will get a nasty out come

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

oh! i found some pics. they werent on photobucket yet.

bye bye old box :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

got the template for the sides

Posted Image

Posted Image

nice and snug

Posted Image

Posted Image

there it is sittin in there. tight fit. gonna have to go with multiple smaller batteries. might be able to fit them on the side from the inside. or under the back next to my train horns :D the woodgrain is from my old box too. got to salvage it woot! i plan on using that angled part as part of the accenting in the back when i finish it. get a nice phat

sundown decal and put it on there. nice trim...lighting...etc. not 100% on what ima do (gotta figure out where ima put the amps still too lol...i wanna display em but dont think i can), but i got some ideas.

excuse me, need to change my pants.

when I get back i'll drool some more

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I don't like that you are using my future subs as weights.... LOL

lol they were only like that for a little while. just till the glue set. then placed safely away :)

Have fun wiring, it took me almost 3 days to wire my 40 12", and make sure they were all in phase.....

Make sure the are all in phase, other wise you will get a nasty out come

3...DAYS?! HOT damn. these are SVC...so maybe it wont be that bad? lol i hope not. amatt might roll on up and hang for a while and do work. got it mapped out too

Posted Image

notice the detail in my mad paint skills... :clapping:

haha yea mine where all dvc, i love set-up like this... I wish my set-up would have lasted long, scarred people to look into.......

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Archived