Going From Alt To Batt On A ~145amp Alt?

I'll be installing all my power wire/ground wire, etc.... this week, and might as well go and do the bigIII while im at it, so I was wondering what size fuse to go inline from the ALT, to the BATT? My alt (currently will be using stock 145amp alt) is very close to the batt, so should I do 2 runs of 0GA or is just 1 run ok? Thanks.....

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

This is the exact wire I bought (full spool of 50FT) (http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RMAX1R50&Product_Count=1) all this wire will be installed in my 02 tahoe, and my question is, do you think 50FT will be enough for 2 runs from front batt to rear batt? I will have 2 batts in rear (HC800 kenetics) do I also do 2 runs of (+) to each batt in rear (will be short ass runs, as the batts will be next to each other) Is there a wire diagram that can help me here. Im a smart guy, and can learn to wire anything, but I would hate to fuck this up if I wire something wrong, so if someone can assit me here, that would be awesome.

Edited by newls1

i havent used a fues in my Big3 on both my cars......as long as you do it right its not needed

x2 i have a 200amp alt on kicker 1/0

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

fuse per the wire rating

thats true what he^^^^^^^said...or you have to use a fuse what your amps equals to.like add up your fuses in your amp(s).and thats the fuse you will need..you know what i mean bro?

OK, I just wont use a fuse, the wire will only be 1foot in length, and in a place where nothing can bother it, it will be just fine! Thanks this just saved me $20 bucks!. How about fuse ratings for running 2 runs of 0/1ga to the rear batts? What fuse size would you use? Thanks