Found a 98 civic ex for hella cheap(350$)no major dents. but the guy said the motor is done, it started knocking real bad last time he drove it, so he is trying to sell it. I've been looking around at some b16a motor/trans swap prices, 1500-1750 for motor/ecu/trans/axles/etc. Do you think it would be worth doing the work to swap the motors?2grand for a nice running civic doesnt sound bad. or should I keep looking

2009 spring fling-iasca-rookie 1-Champion. 139.4db.

"I don't do enough, I just fool around

Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound"~ Tech N9NE

4 15" Memphis. and 1 Big ass box. <-Sold to fund more power.

Kicker l5s

Found a 98 civic ex for hella cheap(350$)no major dents. but the guy said the motor is done, it started knocking real bad last time he drove it, so he is trying to sell it. I've been looking around at some b16a motor/trans swap prices, 1500-1750 for motor/ecu/trans/axles/etc. Do you think it would be worth doing the work to swap the motors?2grand for a nice running civic doesnt sound bad. or should I keep looking

Personally, I like the idea. You know everything is sound with the motor that way and it should come with some kind of warranty at that too. I mean for him to have a knock her really must of let that motor go to shit. Oh well. Swap it out and have at it. I assume the motor is used, so make sure to change the timing belt before you drop it in plus, all the normal tune up stuff and you should be good to go. I hear its a weekend job.

Cause its a direct swap, besides mounts right? I just want something I can toss a few hundred into, and have it put down decent power.

2009 spring fling-iasca-rookie 1-Champion. 139.4db.

"I don't do enough, I just fool around

Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound"~ Tech N9NE

4 15" Memphis. and 1 Big ass box. <-Sold to fund more power.

Kicker l5s

• 2 weeks later...

A b series engine is not just gonna bolt up. that car has a D16y8 in it right now. so a D16 will bolt up. If you go to a B, you have to swap mounts, harness', and tons of other stuff. Plus they are a vtec engine, and not gonna get as good of mileage. i consistantly pushed 40mpg's in my d16y7.

• 5 weeks later...

its not that hard to find another civic for cheap but if you want the car bad here is a good place for motors here. I'm waiting for mine to go out so i can get a GSR motor but at 144xxx i have awhile to wait :(

1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel Regular Cab

that site only deals with jdm motors. i am already tired of hearing about it. in florida you can get away with it. atleast where i lived there was no emission checks. try searching ohiohondas.com. there are a few florida boys on there.

----reference's----

meade916