Mudrunner Fiberglass Body........needs A Little Repair Work

looks like your gonna be buisy there timmy...... mud runs are alot of fun

yes...........busy............ :spiteful:

there is alot of work to do on this thing....lol

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

surface all cleaned up ...for the middle brace,,to be re attached

Posted Image

at 90 degrees.......all this cutting and grinding on fiberglass really really sux..

Posted Image

the brace that was ripped clean out.....got the area all cleaned up and ready to re attach the brace...

Posted Image

Now the whole body is regular polyester glass...layed up from a mold....but for some reason the 3 braces are SMC fiberglass.....which is most likely why the were not bonding to the body worth a damn....so i decided to just eliminate those pieces of garbage and make new ones,molded right into the body....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

other side.....Brace cut out ,and surface prepped....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cardboard "dam" in place

Posted Image

Posted Image

foiled off,so i can remove the cardboard....after the glass cures

Posted Image

sidewalk supervisor trying to get me to go get in the pool

Posted Image

well...ill waste no more bandwidth on this one............ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

PLLEEAASSSEE more pics [of the wife I mean :spiteful: ] JK

Looks like a lot more than 500 bucks worth to me

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Thats what I was thinkin. Either way , Looks good man. you work with fiberglass instinctively. :db:

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

waste of bandwidth???? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/ban.gif

-Drew

well there is no interest...............what else would ya call it.............. :censored:

i know its not audio related.....but hell im actually workin on somthing ,,,,that ill make a little money on........Not enough but a little

PLLEEAASSSEE more pics [of the wife I mean :spiteful: ] JK

lol....Ill see what i can do

oh it is ...trust me.........most people would easly be paying me a Grand or more....for the amount of work i have to do to this thing...........but its for a friend so its all good....Plus the amount of extra work i have to do.........grinding out all of the previous "repairs" which were done by sombody who clearly had a good view of theyre own rectom...should be another 500 but oh well....

Archived