Mudrunner Fiberglass Body........needs A Little Repair Work

and while all thats curing......flip it up on its side....add 5 layers of 1.5 oz chopmat to the other rear brace.and clamp in the steel plate..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and thats where i quit last night

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

well this morning ive been grinding out the righthand side of this bitch................its equally as horrible as the other...... :clapping:

but.............time to clean up.......headed off to another MudRun today...if anything exciting happens..ill try to get a Vid

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Lucky

it wasnt to bad......alot of guys didnt show up for some reason.....Brian and Mike couldnt make it...so i didnt even get to snap some decent pix of"the rest of the car"

i'd like to know how many paint brushes you go through on average :lol:

well Chris....a box of 24 usually lasts me over a year....if i squeeze the resin out of the brush after im done ....and submerges it in Acetone....I can use the same brush about 40 times...

That is almost an unreal ammount of re-prep along with normal prep work that you have to do to that sucker.. Looks really really good and wicked super strong like always man.

It really is alot of work Patrick....alot of work....to do it "what i consider" the right way....the previous work on this thing is some really shitty work....and i feel if i dont get all that garbage out of there ...its just gonna break again...there is an unbelievable amount of ....just straight resin pools..on the inside of this ol bitch...

awesome work gp, as always man, you are the master of the glassin'

I would call the dude back up and atleast expain the poor pre-work that was done, and grab another $200 atleast. Your work is golden, and should be paid top dollar, cause you always go out of your way to make sure its the best. awesome work man.

awesome work gp, as always man, you are the master of the glassin'

I would call the dude back up and atleast expain the poor pre-work that was done, and grab another $200 atleast. Your work is golden, and should be paid top dollar, cause you always go out of your way to make sure its the best. awesome work man.

Thanks alot man.... tho im no master.....i try to to the best i can .... :spiteful::good::yahoo:

moving on....

here we have the steel plate for the right side rear body mount....fully buried within the glass...Now he will have rock solid rear body mounts...and they WILL NOT TEAR OUT

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

grinding and cleaning the right side for a few layers of 1.5oz

Posted Image

the black shit you see in there is some kind of paint or undercoat which was sprayed over the Original piece...and if you know what your looking at you can see how much resin was laid right over top of the black..

Posted Image

Archived