I just have a few questions I cannot seem to find the answers to on google. At my job at hell.. i mean subway... We don't really get breaks. I'm pretty sure when i work 8 hour shifts there is a law against me not having a break. Am I wrong? So you know, i don't get a break, soooo I took alot of smoke breaks instead, then the 2 non smoking employes bitched and bitched and now we're only allowed a cigarette every two hours, no biggie I smoke when I want lol. Also I was wondering, lets say the store closes at 10, they say they will only pay me till 10:30 to finishing up closing. Well on busy nights i'm there past 10:30 not getting paid, if I leave i 'm pretty sure i'd get fired for not doing my work, is that against the law? I have to finish up closing without getting paid?

Anyone familiar with my rights? Also I'm 17, I don't think i'm even allowed to handle knives at my age, and I don't have a work permit. Could I screw subway up the royal a? Just kinda wondering because they're changing alot of shit at the store and screwing over the employees, I want something to fall back on when I get fed up finally with their shit.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

im not sure in the food industry if its the same but in the warehouse anyone working more than 6 hrs they need atleast 30 mins for lunch or break.

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

A good idea would be to check out the link that Roscoe sent you. Somewhere in that Subway, should be Federal Labor Law poster and also that of OSHA, plus a poster of the Labor laws for the state that you live in.

im not sure in the food industry if its the same but in the warehouse anyone working more than 6 hrs they need atleast 30 mins for lunch or break.

x2.

I work about 8 hours a day, 16yrs old and I have to have two 15 minute breaks and a one hour lunch. (All employees get a one hour lunch though hah).

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

smoke breaks are still breaks. unless you have enough people on the payroll to cover everyone's break schedule, you pretty much have to be there when a customer walks in. Surely...when there isn't a customer in the store...you aren't doing a damn thing anyway.

what would you do if you were on lunch and wanted a sammich but had to wait while some douchebag finished up their cigarette?

As far as not getting paid for the hours worked...you clock in and clock out. you get paid for the hours you work. If you're "supposed" to get a job done by 10:30, but you can not perform the task in the given deadline, then surely they'll let you go. Until then, you get paid for the hours worked.

As far as having something to fall back on or w/e, it sounds like you're looking for any reason to bitch. You can handle a knife at 17. No clue why you'd rat them out for hiring you without a work permit, you'll just lose your job then have a hell of a time trying to explain that to any future employer.

No company wants to employ the kind of douchebag that would rat them out, especially when said company was doing alleged douchebag a 'favor' to begin with.

[/devils advocate]

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

thats pretty harsh dont you think?, not only that but laws vary from state to state, you have no idea what state he's in so you reall cant get all nasty like that.

Let me repeat something, THIS is not SDOT, TPOT, loose the assholeness bro.

thats pretty harsh dont you think?, not only that but laws vary from state to state, you have no idea what state he's in so you reall cant get all nasty like that.

Let me repeat something, THIS is not SDOT, TPOT, loose the assholeness bro.

I agree David when I lived in rancho I worked at a KFC for a while and ended up quiting because I was being abused and overworked because I was 16 and didnt know any better. They where working me till past midnight (against the law for a minor) and giving me the shit for not knowing how everything ran right away.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

not harsh at all. he lost all his credibility right here:

i don't get a break, soooo I took alot of smoke breaks instead,
now we're only allowed a cigarette every two hours, no biggie I smoke when I want lol.

but in order to repeat something, you'd need to mention it a first time.

if reading some truth on an internet forum is too hard to handle then how do you expect anyone to function in the real world?

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

Dude, it was harsh, weather you think so or not.

he is a 17 yr old kid, not a 35 yr old flunky workin at subway.

if this was a 35 yr old flunky I would have agreed with you.

but in order to repeat something, you'd need to mention it a first time.

put down the pipe bro, and think back to the deafys gay thread where I told you you get special treatment cause your like family what did I say about your homies from SDOT? they would never make it here, do I need to dig it up?

just becuase you get some special treatment doesnt mean you can act like an ass whenever you want