Was looking at cars for sale and found this http://bend.craigslist.org/car/750387432.html

Should be able to buy it with my next paycheck. :)

Question is though, what would be a rough estimate of cost to get it running good and reliable? I could care less about looks... lol.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I had a 83 rx-7 for a few years. Kinda in the same shape as that one when I bought it. Depending on what you consider "running good and reliable" , and what might be or could be wrong with, look to spend some cash. No one can really give you a nice round dollar amount. It could be something minor and cheap to repair, or it could require a total rebuild. I can tell you this, Those cars make all of their power in the higher RPM range, so revving it up to 7-8 k RPMs is normal. So gas mileage will only stay around 17-20 MPG if you drive conservatively. If you get that car running good, the last thing you are gonna want to do it drive it slow. The steering in those cars is very tight, and the have hardly no body roll, most have a limited slip rear end, and the corner like a high end exotic with the right tire and suspension mods...

Finding parts for it will be a bi of a challenge. Few part stores will carry stuff for the rotary , and it is a really strange motor to figure out if you have to do any major work to it. Look into places like Racing Beat and Mazdatrix for just about ANY mechanical part you need. You can usually find one in a junk yard or pick a part with some of the sheetmetal and bumper pieces if you need them. Interior parts will just usually have to be restored cause locating pieces used and in good shape will be rather difficult.

I will say this though, You can do some tweaks to that motor and you can get the redline on it up to about 12-13 k RPMS... And it will put out some serious power and it can be made into one hell of a good drifter. These cars are money pits though, cause typically a used one like this one you are looking at has already been driven very hard , and most likely not properly maintained. And don't forget to keep that oil reservoir full at all times. The burn oil kinda like a two stroke motor does. And they deliver power pretty much the same way.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

When you get it, dont forget to buy these pants

Mazda-Pants.jpg

thanks, i just spewed my morning coffee

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN