2. 2. which would be louder?

• fi bl
    • dd 35series
    • dc level 4
  3. 3. which would be louder?

• fi ssd
    • dd 25series
    • dc level 3

I wanna be so biased and say dd for the whole poll.

but wont.

depending on the application for music/burp.

The dd9500 and a btl gots me really wondering, I guess it come down to wattage, and for music or burps.

I think theres a few people here with the lvl 5's but they are not being used right now. but other then that I dont know.

I read that the dc lvl4 for was a couple tenths behind the dd9500, with the same wattage.

iirc rusty said the lvl4 was maxed out but the dd9500 could of took more power. So with more power to the dd9500 it could been more then a few 10ths louder.

With that being said I want to say a 3500 will walk all over a lvl4 in musical and burping applications (not a lvl4xl tho).

This is from him about it in a pm. Either way it seems like the dc lvl 4 will take much more then its rated and peak wattage, which is good!!

For sure it would, at 3850 that LV4 Motor was probly close to being tapped out, A LV4 is closer to a 3500 than a 9500, Ive own retail store and have sold DD for 4 years as well as built 4 SPL CRX's with then so i know them pretty well, Great Subs, 3850 is all the CRX I have heres got and at that power there stock LV4 was .3 behind I think but say I had 5 K the gap would have been bigger, The 9500s will take a lot, Ive hit a pair of 9500 10s with a pair of strapped Sampson and other than a few ripped surrounds they took it like champs, I like DD, =] I know Jess and Cass and am personal friends with Brad

Id also like to try to get my dds with some level 5 coils. Dunno if it work tho, both seem to have 3 inch coils.

Edited by audiofanaticz

• 3 weeks later...

i gave the lvl 4 the win over the bl because he simply said which could get louder i mean dont get me wrong the bl can get loud but not quite made for spl as much as the lvl 4 i think.

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

i think this should be pinned to keep all the stupid wut will be louder threads away

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build