Second Skin Audio

Kind Of Box

Not sure what you have now but yeah a wall, but with that much power it would be a great idea to sandwich concrete with wood and brace it with allthread or steel.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

your frigging crazy, I dont think they can take that kind of power for music, burps hell yeah all day, but music I just dont see it, if you can pulll it off mad props

If he does it right it will he wont be able to wang on it all day but a very small box and port and them subs will take 4 k per coil at 0 gain. Then again I could be totally fucked off and he cluld just totally burn them subs up ! :ph34r:

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

That seems like too much, some would argue 4000 watts rms is too much for a btl, but 6000 is really excessive [sp?] and 6000 is a conservative #, with good electrical [and you will need a powerplant to pull this off], you will be at atleast 6500+ per sub. I dont think it will work, but prove me wrong and lets see some 160+.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

You know honestly he didnt ask if we thought it was too much or this and that he just asked for box suggestions. Not to be rude or anything but I say we stop telling everyone what will or will not work if they dont ask for it and just stick to the topic. *NOT SAYING THIS TO ANYONE DIRECTLY, but things get off topic real quick lately and I for one would like to see things styay on topic for a change. :)

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

probably is to much, i'malso running 2 mt 18's with 10 k daily on music, and lots of people told me aswell was to much, but the coil is still as new :S but ok my question was what kind of box, A WALL or A BOX LIKE IN MEADES TAHOE

Alpine HU 9855R IPODRE XXX compo, 2nd one is comingrockford t8004 amp ( 4 channel ) rockford (4x) T30001bd mono amps @ 0,5 ohm for dailyRE Audio 18'' MT (2 x) Enclosure is 400 LITER tuned on 28HZ28HZ - 150db TL 200731HZ - 152db TL 2007Max Score 157,4db TL 2008 @35hz----------------------------------------------NEW INSTAL UNDERCONSTRUCTION!!ALPINE HU 9855RIPOD4 RE XXX COMPONENT SETS4 RE COAXIAL SETS4 FI BTLS 18'' SUBS8 RF T4000BD'S MONO AMPS4 RF T8004 4 CHANNEL AMPS16 northstar nsb 125 batts70mm wiring10 RF 100 farad powercaps

owjeah and i offert a lil bit to early cause i just got the old btl's :S but when they were on the way the new one came out :(

but this the setup of the btls i got.

double 2 ohms

spl

universal

high x mal coil

5 spider config

Maybe I'm retarded or something....but why did you dual 2ohm coils? wouldn't you want dual 1s? so each t4k would see a 1ohm load? or are you running each t4k 2ohm?

O and I vote WALL

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i will wall it but roscoe can you sent me a pm with the box you advise i mean the liters etc, i will tune it on 28hz

Alpine HU 9855R IPODRE XXX compo, 2nd one is comingrockford t8004 amp ( 4 channel ) rockford (4x) T30001bd mono amps @ 0,5 ohm for dailyRE Audio 18'' MT (2 x) Enclosure is 400 LITER tuned on 28HZ28HZ - 150db TL 200731HZ - 152db TL 2007Max Score 157,4db TL 2008 @35hz----------------------------------------------NEW INSTAL UNDERCONSTRUCTION!!ALPINE HU 9855RIPOD4 RE XXX COMPONENT SETS4 RE COAXIAL SETS4 FI BTLS 18'' SUBS8 RF T4000BD'S MONO AMPS4 RF T8004 4 CHANNEL AMPS16 northstar nsb 125 batts70mm wiring10 RF 100 farad powercaps