Sonic Electronix

Can Some1 Answer My Questions. I Know Nothing

ya seriously.

imo, I would go with something simple, as you know nothing as you said. Nothing wrong with going big when you ballin, but droppin a g without any knowlege on what your doing, is just gonna add up to a lot of returned items because of something you did.

1. Upgrade electrical. Check into get a new alternator, you cant push some heavy beat on a stock electrical system. Check into running the big3. ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280 )

2. Grab a 2nd batt, obviously your wanting to hit hard, so you will need something to bring the power to the amps.

3. Get a new HU, no one likes stock, plus, more features, mp3/wma compatible, ipod compatible, you can get a decent HU (head unit) for $200 shipped.

4. Subs, well i would start out with simple. Maybe something like 2-12" RF P3's. Those hit, from my knowlege, and handle 800-1000w easy. Sound great in ported & sealed.

5. Amp.....

6. Deadener, of course you goto have it, stop that trunk from rattlin like crazy.

People will always suggest different stuff, But you can get nice beat from decently priced things just as well as the high priced stuff. Of course if you got the green, then get the better stuff, fi, dc, etc. But nothing is wrong with pushing some punch 3's @ $100 a pop for some 12s.

Check up on some of meade's builds, always build a box imo, you would be suprised how much better they sound then runnin to best buy and get some particle-board-box... There are many builds on here to learn from, SMD is a knowlege base, the wiki of car audio. Well not exactly, but there is more minds from novice to pro to guide you through what to do.

And like i said, it isnt always good to shoot for the "best" when you dont have the knowlege to put it all together. People can make the worst out of the best crap. But then again.. people can make the best outta the worst crap.

anyways my 2 cents.

Keeping it simple is completely rewiring your shit finding room and fabricating a mount for another battery and completely tearing out your interior?

----------------

Now playing: Atreyu - The Theft

via FoxyTunes

Keeping it simple is completely rewiring your shit finding room and fabricating a mount for another battery and completely tearing out your interior?

No i mean "keeping it simple" as in not buying some $300 a peice subs and a $300 amp. Leaving him with dimming lights and scratching his head.

If he upgraded his electrical, then he is ready for any setup. Therefore knocking off something in the to-do list from the future. Thought it alone can cost about what 250 for a decent alt, ~200 for a new batt. and say $50-80 for some wires and fuses. THats 500 right there.

Of all the people on here. Who wouldn't advice him to upgrade his electrical when he wants

bass that really shocks people

:search: :search: :search: :search:

LOL you guys are all out of hand and going to get this kid confused bigger than sh!t.

If I were you I would look into stuff thats not going to take alot of upgrades. simple,stupid is a great expression.

Now I suggest looking into something like a 750 or 1000 watt class D amp. EX: Kicker, Sundown Audio. 2 companies that make good amps.

For subwoofers I will push you toward the Kicker Comp VR line. You can't go wrong with them at all.

You will need a 4 gauge amp wirring kit. You can get everything you need in one little kit.

If you have the money left over try to replace the stock battery with a Stinger, Kinetik, or Power Master. I like Stinger but they a expensive.

Please read about the Big 3 as you should do it at some point.

I do highly recommend trying to find someone that can help you but I know its hard to have a stranger come around so maybe in time you will make an online buddy.

Simple,Stupid

You don't need to go big rite now, you need practice.

Good luck

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

LOL you guys are all out of hand and going to get this kid confused bigger than sh!t.

If I were you I would look into stuff thats not going to take alot of upgrades. simple,stupid is a great expression.

Now I suggest looking into something like a 750 or 1000 watt class D amp. EX: Kicker, Sundown Audio. 2 companies that make good amps.

For subwoofers I will push you toward the Kicker Comp VR line. You can't go wrong with them at all.

You will need a 4 gauge amp wirring kit. You can get everything you need in one little kit.

If you have the money left over try to replace the stock battery with a Stinger, Kinetik, or Power Master. I like Stinger but they a expensive.

Please read about the Big 3 as you should do it at some point.

I do highly recommend trying to find someone that can help you but I know its hard to have a stranger come around so maybe in time you will make an online buddy.

Simple,Stupid

You don't need to go big rite now, you need practice.

Good luck

Exactly what I was thinking that was my first sub and it got me into audio til I learned the ins and outs. Beats pretty hard for what it is and its pretty hard to blow it...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Ya man I can't think of anything better than Kicker to start out with.

This kid needs a plug and play system.

I would like to see him with a ZX 750.1 and 2 Comp VRs 12s or 15s.

I highly recommend not going over 1000 watts, when you do you start getting in to Expensive upgrades that you are not ready for.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Dont lissin to these guys :lol: Just get some beats and do the rest step by step later. You have plenty of time to read up and study stuff after you get some subs and a amp.

After you get your car post in the forum what you got. What you get will affect your system build a lot. Some people do a whole new system some people just add subs and a sub amp to the existing stereo. It just depends on what your wanting and how much $ you have.

but what i did when i got my first car and went to get my first system was call up crutchfield and tell them everything i knew/didnt know, what i wanted, how much i had to spend, asked them what i would need to install EVERYTHING etc.

i didnt order from them, but they definatly got me going in the right direction towards my first system...and it came out pretty well for me.

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

Ya man I can't think of anything better than Kicker to start out with.

This kid needs a plug and play system.

I would like to see him with a ZX 750.1 and 2 Comp VRs 12s or 15s.

I highly recommend not going over 1000 watts, when you do you start getting in to Expensive upgrades that you are not ready for.

I ran 2,000 watts plus highs amps off of stock electrical for years with out a single issue. The best it hit was a 148 burp off of more power and music was 144 with the 2000 watts. If you dont believe me ask Doug Stockton He wired it and metered it for the 148. all stock no big 3 no new battery no caps 1 single run of 1/0 from the battery. Also I would talk to the kid more before suggesting any type of equipment. Im thinking that after talking to him any thing under 1,000 watts would be pointless.

I would just hang out here at the forum for a few weeks. Read up everything that you think will help, and trust me, you will both get addicted and learn some things. Then depending on your financial situation you will have the capability to start with a big system or a small one. At least thats what I did.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

I ran 2,000 watts plus highs amps off of stock electrical for years with out a single issue. The best it hit was a 148 burp off of more power and music was 144 with the 2000 watts. If you dont believe me ask Doug Stockton He wired it and metered it for the 148. all stock no big 3 no new battery no caps 1 single run of 1/0 from the battery. Also I would talk to the kid more before suggesting any type of equipment. Im thinking that after talking to him any thing under 1,000 watts would be pointless.

I don't care.

He needs to grow slow and safely and learn how to do it rite.

The rite way = less problems

Terryswork001.png

Archived