Second Skin Audio

Mmats Dreadnaut Or Btl

nmbitm

Its understandable, I was no way saying this kid should go out and get a DD woofer, was just standing behind a company whos product I've grown to love. Back in '00-'01 every show around here I would tear up in Iasca/DB Drag until good ol Tim Phillips shows up with his purple ram with DD and straight tore me a new one. I've had nothing but respect for this company since than. I'll gladly come out on the 9th, I have been meaning to come out and meet up with Jon and shoot the shit since we live in the same town and have never met. There is no hate I just want you to know that, I've just been a very faithful customer and honestly out of the 2, with power and charging system varying, I'd tell him to run a BTL.

I couldn't agree more. I used to live in bradenton, so seeing that you are in my home town I have had my interest piqued. Me and jon are good friends, and I asked him if he has met you, and he told me no, so I thought the cruise in was as good excuse as any to have all the SMD members from bradenton to meet up aswell. Joe (00sdime00) is even supposed to make an appearence. I would even like to have PHD5000W come out if he is feeling up to it.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Well honestly it depends on how much wattage you have too. You can get BTL's for cheaper and get more bang for the buck with the BTL's. Dreads Ive found dont take too much power over rms rating. Though if you have 1500 watts available to you i would probally still take the BTL even though underpowered, Mmats makes good products but you can get more from Fi from a cheaper price. Thats my take.

Believe me, my MA's and power acoustik's more than held their own against people running your oh-so-awesome DD's. so you can take that shit somewhere else. IT's not my fault you have to hide behind the "non-noob" brands cause you have to over-compensate for what you lack elsewhere(BTW, you might as well change your sig since you supposed MMA prowess doesn't impress anyone). I take run the lower end brands for the exact reason you have helped me prove, I tell people I run MA, and Power Acoustik, and they immediately assume it aint shit, then they sit in my truck and are immediately proven wrong. I was only speaking to the fact the everyone thinks DD is the end-all Be-all car audio brand.

Oh, and to the people thinking I got butt hurt by the DD brand...you are completely wrong. I have heard numerous DD setups, and they are loud...can't take that away from the company, but I also have not heard a single setup that did not sound like shit quality wise. Volume will only take you so far, I have this problem with liking my subs to sound good, so therefore I stay away from DD.

I love Power Acoustik Amps, and HeadUnits Subs the only good one is the Mofo, Sounds ok but can get pretty damn loud though. Wow I just realized, nothing to do with the topic lol

Oh, and to the people thinking I got butt hurt by the DD brand...you are completely wrong. I have heard numerous DD setups, and they are loud...can't take that away from the company, but I also have not heard a single setup that did not sound like shit quality wise. Volume will only take you so far, I have this problem with liking my subs to sound good, so therefore I stay away from DD.

Are you saying that power acousik sounds better then DD? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Are you saying that power acousik sounds better then DD? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Im not running power acoustik subs, but yes, my setup sounded better than any DD setup I have ever heard. Not louder than all of them, but quality wise it sounded better.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Im not running power acoustik subs, but yes, my setup sounded better than any DD setup I have ever heard. Not louder than all of them, but quality wise it sounded better.

I aint gonna lie, but I thought you where the that was called out with ma and pa.. Ha.

My bad.

But I also will say that the 9500 series dd are not a sq sub. There are lots of sq competitors that run DD from what I seen, but they are using the 3500 series.

Box design is a major part of a stereo, not to mention power for the subs. Not to dis on companies, but a clean 3000watts is way different then a dirty 3000watts. Cheap power will give you cheap sound, no clue what these guys are running for amps, but i can guarentee someone with a dd9500 and a rf t30001bd is going to sound better then the same sub but with the crunch gp 3000. No matter how much people argue, I dont think a 500 and under 3000 watt amp that does rated power and then some can be clean sounding. If it was so clean it wouldnt be that price.

I guess Im just saying that each company has speakers built for certain things, weither it be dd, dc, fi, adassa, cactus, etc...... You cant run a SPL sub and expect the same sound from it as a sq sub. That be like running a ddZ18 and competiting in sq with it, it just be one big EPIC FAIL no matter what the sub can handle for power lol

I heard 4 15 ssds on 3000rms and they where loud to the ear, and really low, but Im not going to say they wherent loud because it metered bad, the db was effected by the tuning.

I aint gonna lie, but I thought you where the that was called out with ma and pa.. Ha.

My bad.

But I also will say that the 9500 series dd are not a sq sub. There are lots of sq competitors that run DD from what I seen, but they are using the 3500 series.

Box design is a major part of a stereo, not to mention power for the subs. Not to dis on companies, but a clean 3000watts is way different then a dirty 3000watts. Cheap power will give you cheap sound, no clue what these guys are running for amps, but i can guarentee someone with a dd9500 and a rf t30001bd is going to sound better then the same sub but with the crunch gp 3000. No matter how much people argue, I dont think a 500 and under 3000 watt amp that does rated power and then some can be clean sounding. If it was so clean it wouldnt be that price.

I guess Im just saying that each company has speakers built for certain things, weither it be dd, dc, fi, adassa, cactus, etc...... You cant run a SPL sub and expect the same sound from it as a sq sub. That be like running a ddZ18 and competiting in sq with it, it just be one big EPIC FAIL no matter what the sub can handle for power lol

I heard 4 15 ssds on 3000rms and they where loud to the ear, and really low, but Im not going to say they wherent loud because it metered bad, the db was effected by the tuning.

I am the one that was called out with the MA and PA. I just said I wasn't running PA subs. I ran the PA A3000, and the MA hard kores. As was said before how good, or bad subs sound is largely based on the enclosure built for the subs. The first time I heard DD I was unimpressed with the sound quality, so I just chalked that up to a shitty enclosure, but since then I have heard probably 7-8 DD setups, and they all have had the same sound quality, so I am inclined to believe it is a sub. I can even say it might be something that just doesn't sound good to my ear, but to me I dont like how DD's sound. Like I said to Suburban Ant, I am all up for being proven wrong, I see being proven wrong as a learning experience, but thus far it has not happened to me with DD's.

And maybe my standards are just too high, cause I have heard people saying the 9500's Are loud subs that sound "amazing".

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Archived