Second Skin Audio

Mmats Dreadnaut Or Btl

nmbitm

Believe me, my MA's and power acoustik's more than held their own against people running your oh-so-awesome DD's. so you can take that shit somewhere else. IT's not my fault you have to hide behind the "non-noob" brands cause you have to over-compensate for what you lack elsewhere(BTW, you might as well change your sig since you supposed MMA prowess doesn't impress anyone). I take run the lower end brands for the exact reason you have helped me prove, I tell people I run MA, and Power Acoustik, and they immediately assume it aint shit, then they sit in my truck and are immediately proven wrong. I was only speaking to the fact the everyone thinks DD is the end-all Be-all car audio brand.

Oh, and to the people thinking I got butt hurt by the DD brand...you are completely wrong. I have heard numerous DD setups, and they are loud...can't take that away from the company, but I also have not heard a single setup that did not sound like shit quality wise. Volume will only take you so far, I have this problem with liking my subs to sound good, so therefore I stay away from DD.

bitch please I stated why I replied to the original poster (it was a joke since his q was too vague) ..... I dont lack anywhere lil boy so stop confusing me with yourself. I run DD(since 2000) because their product has NEVER failed me, they have given me alot of support, and i love how they perform in daily and competition applications. They helped me set several state/regional records and got me 2 world finals invites in DB Drag and USAC so take that fanboy shit elsewhere chump. I dont coat tail with the "cool" brand of the month. What the fuck does my sig have to do with the topic at hand, seems like you are reaching for shit to talk about lil boy. My other affiliations/hobbies have nothing to do with this matter so stay on track kiddo. Like it or not you run flea market shit that I wouldnt give to my worst enemy. You are happy with their performance and thats fine but it doesnt change the fact of it being mediocre bargain bin garbage imo.

And you show your n00b status by thinking DD subs are spl subs, the 9500s are studio drivers and the 9100s are some of the best sq subs out in many peoples eyes. Most people tend to stuff them in the largest box they can find with tons of port and power for burps and that will hinder ANY subs performance on music. How many championship level sq cars have you seen with PA/MA and how many have DD subs/components? :spiteful: :spiteful:

I think both FI and DC are top notch products, infact you see most people asking about those brands rather than DD, and yet we still have people trying to shove DD down their throats even when they dont ask about it.

shoving DD down a throat? stop vocalizing on your homo-erotic fantasies this is a family oriented forum :)

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

shoving DD down a throat?

you hardly ever see that.....i've seen fi/dc shoved down more throats than dd....

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

bitch please I stated why I replied to the original poster (it was a joke since his q was too vague) ..... I dont lack anywhere lil boy so stop confusing me with yourself. I run DD(since 2000) because their product has NEVER failed me, they have given me alot of support, and i love how they perform in daily and competition applications. They helped me set several state/regional records and got me 2 world finals invites in DB Drag and USAC so take that fanboy shit elsewhere chump. I dont coat tail with the "cool" brand of the month. What the fuck does my sig have to do with the topic at hand, seems like you are reaching for shit to talk about lil boy. My other affiliations/hobbies have nothing to do with this matter so stay on track kiddo. Like it or not you run flea market shit that I wouldnt give to my worst enemy. You are happy with their performance and thats fine but it doesnt change the fact of it being mediocre bargain bin garbage imo.

And you show your n00b status by thinking DD subs are spl subs, the 9500s are studio drivers and the 9100s are some of the best sq subs out in many peoples eyes. Most people tend to stuff them in the largest box they can find with tons of port and power for burps and that will hinder ANY subs performance on music. How many championship level sq cars have you seen with PA/MA and how many have DD subs/components? :spiteful: :spiteful:

This poor dude has no clue. I almost feel sorry for him. Are you like 12? Can't seem to get off the band wagon can you? Your so biased and blind. And you really provided a ton of help to the OP too. I bet you think Corvettes are the only sports cars and Harleys are the only real Motorcycles too, huh? You make me giggle!

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

HeadUnit: Alpine 9853

Subs: (4) SoundStream SPLX 15's

Mids/Highs: (6) 8" Eminence Alpha 8MR and (4) Pyramid TW46 Titanium Super Tweeters.

Frontstage: (2) B&C 6PEV13 6.5's

Mids/Highs Amp: Kicker ZX650.4

On Order:

Enclosure: 16-18ft^3 CRX Style Enclosure (To be build)

Sub Amps: (2) MTX TA92001 or Equivalent 4-5K Watt Amp(s)

you hardly ever see that.....i've seen fi/dc shoved down more throats than dd....

that is somewhat true some1 says I want to get a 12 and the first post will say get a lvl4 or a bl or btl....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

that is somewhat true some1 says I want to get a 12 and the first post will say get a lvl4 or a bl or btl....

Yup, I'd be much more impressed seeing some Juggernauts, CVXs, SPLXs, or MA HKs than FI or Sundown equipment. Some people have no imagination anymore.

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

HeadUnit: Alpine 9853

Subs: (4) SoundStream SPLX 15's

Mids/Highs: (6) 8" Eminence Alpha 8MR and (4) Pyramid TW46 Titanium Super Tweeters.

Frontstage: (2) B&C 6PEV13 6.5's

Mids/Highs Amp: Kicker ZX650.4

On Order:

Enclosure: 16-18ft^3 CRX Style Enclosure (To be build)

Sub Amps: (2) MTX TA92001 or Equivalent 4-5K Watt Amp(s)

Yup, I'd be much more impressed seeing some Juggernauts, CVXs, SPLXs, or MA HKs than FI or Sundown equipment. Some people have no imagination anymore.

Well I went with sundown b/c 1) I like Jacob (not in a gay way) b/c he responds fast and he is the owner/builder. 2) They were in my price range his deals on equipment are amazing 3) Not many ppl have moderately loud systems composed of 8s. 4) With the limited amount of space I had the 8s were perfect.

I mean Fi, DC, and Sundown all make great equipment, they aren't main stream and you get the reassuring 1on1 time with the owner....but there are other options.....

I guarantee you if Steve originally ran say Juggs everyone would be running Juggs....kinda like the BTL really didn't get bought by anyone but competitors until everyone saw Steve running BTLs and then everyone had to have them for there daily GP.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

why take a chance on the Unknown? if said products are known to work why not go with it.

Also seeing how the site and the site owners are sponsered by Fi, it shouldnt surprize anyone that they are pushed a little bit harder.

and seriously tell me how many cars have you seen in person Running DC? , the man that owns the Company is Real Good Friends with the Guys that own the Site, not to mention they have Extremly good products, with extremly Good Customer Service, its hard not to push thier products. if you don care for it you can always goto another Car audio Forum...

SomeTimes Pitbill can be a bit harsh, but I would almost garuntee he would school most people here about Car audio, the guy knows his shit.

i love me some SPLX subs.

I loved my SPLX 154s, they slammed, they sounded pretty decent on music, but lets Face reality they dont compare to a BTL in anyway other than they May sound better in the perfect enclosure........ I got much love for SoundStream, I was playing with thier equipment before most on this board where even born..... MUCh LOVE FOR SS, but they arent the same, and never will be anywhere near what they used to be. ( I wish, ohh do I wish but, since the original guys closed down the company it will never happen unfortunitly)

why take a chance on the Unknown? if said products are known to work why not go with it.

Also seeing how the site and the site owners are sponsered by Fi, it shouldnt surprize anyone that they are pushed a little bit harder.

and seriously tell me how many cars have you seen in person Running DC? , the man that owns the Company is Real Good Friends with the Guys that own the Site, not to mention they have Extremly good products, with extremly Good Customer Service, its hard not to push thier products. if you don care for it you can always goto another Car audio Forum...

SomeTimes Pitbill can be a bit harsh, but I would almost garuntee he would school most people here about Car audio, the guy knows his shit.

It still doesn't give him an excuse to be a douche bag.I know my shit, and dont feel the need to put anyone down because they aren't running 500+ dollar subs and 1000+ dollar amps. I wasn't trying to say he didn't know anything, I just felt the need to respond to someone calling me out for havin a system that fits into the system of a college budget. It might not be the best shit, but it god Meade's seal of approval on his trip to FL.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Archived