Sonic Electronix

Couple Of Car Audio Shops And They Say They Can't Do It.

I got an 06 honda accord (3.0 V6 engine) and I went to two local car audio shop and they said that they can only upgrade the grounds but the wire from the alt to battery they can't replace. Is that true for an 06 accord. They say I got a 110amp to a 130amp alt. But i still have dimming and i was wondering if the big three upgrade would solve the problem. One shop told me to juz buy a new batter and the other wanted to install a Cap. What should I do. My lights dim juz a little bit when i'm blasting my system but not so much. can you guys help me out?

by the way, i'm running a AQ1200d pushing 1200rms to a pair of D6's @1ohm, a diomond 2x100rms amp, and an alpine 4x45amp. a totola of about 1600rms on my system. got a 1/0 awg power wire to the trunk and distro box to power all three amps. rest of the eletrical are completly stock.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

but the wire from the alt to battery they can't replace.

I'd assume that you should be able to make that a bigger cable... I wonder why the shop said they couldn't ? Although, would that help? I'm no guru on that. :mellow:

Man you are pulling alot of power though with all of those amps... I doubt a capacitor would be much, at that point you might just need to get more source power (another battery and stronger alternator maybe)

About how long do you suppose your power wire is?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

for the big 3 you dont replace the wires, you ADD new wires, leave the old ones in place. When your lights are dimming that means that your voltage is around high 11 to low 12v

at idle with all accesories off you should be sitting somewhere at 30-50amps being taken up by various needed accessories . That would leave about 50 amps open, or about 800-1200w of power handling.

to check the amps that your alternator puts out, theres normally a little sticker that says something like 50/80 or 80/140

the first number is the amount of amps your alternator puts out at idle and the 2nd pair of numbers is what your alternator puts out at 2krpm.

for the big 3 you dont replace the wires, you ADD new wires, leave the old ones in place. When your lights are dimming that means that your voltage is around high 11 to low 12v

at idle with all accesories off you should be sitting somewhere at 30-50amps being taken up by various needed accessories . That would leave about 50 amps open, or about 800-1200w of power handling.

to check the amps that your alternator puts out, theres normally a little sticker that says something like 50/80 or 80/140

the first number is the amount of amps your alternator puts out at idle and the 2nd pair of numbers is what your alternator puts out at 2krpm.

Lol, no.

Lights run on a un-regulated power source (read: battery) so they'll dim from ANY kind of voltage drop.

Even dropping from 14.4v to 13.x volts.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I got an 06 honda accord (3.0 V6 engine) and I went to two local car audio shop and they said that they can only upgrade the grounds but the wire from the alt to battery they can't replace. Is that true for an 06 accord. They say I got a 110amp to a 130amp alt. But i still have dimming and i was wondering if the big three upgrade would solve the problem. One shop told me to juz buy a new batter and the other wanted to install a Cap. What should I do. My lights dim juz a little bit when i'm blasting my system but not so much. can you guys help me out?

by the way, i'm running a AQ1200d pushing 1200rms to a pair of D6's @1ohm, a diomond 2x100rms amp, and an alpine 4x45amp. a totola of about 1600rms on my system. got a 1/0 awg power wire to the trunk and distro box to power all three amps. rest of the eletrical are completly stock.

Well the wire coming out of the alternator going to the battery is not juz a single wire. It's all braching out and kinda complicated. I wanted to this this big three upgrade myself since I've done all the installion of my system myself but it did really look a little complicated. Maybe I'll take a pic of the engine bay showing so you guys can see it.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

I literally just did the big 3 on my 2000 4cl accord. It was a real breeze if you ask me.

Your alternator is a Delphi 130amp alternator. That alternator that Honda used is junk. They are always being replaced at work compared to the nippondenso 80amp alts that the 4cl uses.

I know that iraggi makes some alternators for your car. I just bought one for my car and it works like a dream.

The big 3 is relatively easy and I know what you mean by all the branching wires, But you do not have to follow them with the new upgraded wire. Just run the wire the shortest way possible and out of the way of the accessories and headers/throttle body.

This is my big 3 plus upgraded fuse box wires...

DSCI0955.jpg

DSCI0954.jpg

DSCI0956.jpg

DSCI0958.jpg

Thanks man. It was really a simple upgrade for sure. Kinda dreaded it but only took like 3 hours total work for the alt and wiring.

But yea Honda's are weird when it comes to wiring. Like lets you say you are at a light and your voltage is at a steady 14.5 then you get to about 40mph, the car will kick back the rpms and you will be at around 1500 rpm or a little less. Then after like 10 seconds, its almost as if your alternator goes into sleep mode because the voltages will instantly go to around 12.6 or so. So instead of revving the engine, I just push in the window buttons if the windows are already down, or pull the buttons up if they are already up so it will do a small voltage surge and kick the alternator back in.

Kind of a weird concept of how the alt kinda dulls out while cruising but oh well, its just something you have to live with lol

Thanks for the pics ramennoodles. But what you're saying is that i can just leave all the stock wire coming from the alternator and put addional wire going directly to the battery? the thing is the stock wire coming from the alt dosn't look like it goes straight to the battery. I was trying to trace it out and it goes in towards the engine then somehow gets to the battery. By the way, the alt in my accord is a Denso, not sure what model but i'll get all that tomorrow and get some pics. Can someone elaborate more on the big three. I know there are a lot of info out there about this upgrade and i have looked at them, but those examples they use looked real easy until i looked at my car. I know its upgrading the grounds and the wire at the alt. I get the ground part but the alt to battery looks a lil complicated for my car.

I called excessiveamperage and ohio generatos and they both told me that for now they don't have an alternator for these 06 accords because they said it uses the "hairpin stator" and for now they don't have anything to offer. But they told me that my alt should be a 110amp or 130amp and all i should do is do the big three and upgrade my battery. My lights doesn't really dim all that bad but u can still tell a lil dimming when it is really dark and the bass is hitting hard.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit