Second Skin Audio

Wall In A Cavy, Need Help With Port Please =)

yes it is small. but look at my dimensions, i have room. idk if i will be able to do this with dc's anymore. just got word from rusty he only has two level 2 15's left. i need 3 =(

i just got another amp today, so i have all the power i need, going to be getting larger power wire or doing a couple runs in the car here soon. also doing big 3 and possibly another battery.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i have been wondering something, wouldnt i loose cabin gain if i did a wall? ive always thought that subs are louder facing away from you. i know subs right behind your head is going to hurt, but do you loose some of that gain doing a wall compared to say inside a trunk blowing into the cabin or in a hatchback.

ok i have decided to just go with the wall, i figure if i have enought airspace and some i could take some away and but some speakers in the face in a smaller box off to the side. has anyone done this? i am used to running only front speakers because i like the sound but in my car i dont have alot of options or room to add more speakers so they have to go behind me. will i be able to get my imaging right, i just dont want it to sound bad.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alright i really need to know before tomarrow, starting my build and need to plan it tonight. i want to put two 5.25 or 6.5" speakers and tweeters on the sides of the wall. mainly because i do have room to put them in the dash. please, anyone =)

thanks- john

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alright i have another question, i have started the wall build and so far it has been a pain in the ass haha. how do i screw everything together and make it really secure, since im doing it piece by piece in the car i cannot screw everything together the way i want to. ive been using 2x4's to screw the sides to but i think its not as sturdy as it should be. right now i only have one layer of 3/4" mdf and will be adding more so hopefully that helps but how do you guys with walls put them together? tell me the secret please!

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

bar none in a cavalier you will be louder with a wall. 4 15s will fit. at least in my 01 they will. its 52 across at the bottom straight up to about 28 inches and then tapers in to 40 ish can fit four very easily if you build it in pieces and inside the car. once I get moved into my house i will have 4 DD 9515s powered by 4 orion 2500ds in mine.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

damn that would be crazy, probably a clamshell though. i dont know where he would have gotten the airspace for six of those though.

my wall is going good. no1 chimed in about the speakers being build into the side of the box so i did it anyway. sounds alright to me. my subs will be here on monday and right now i dont have a camera for updates. and the shitty part of it all is i will only have three subs for right now. rusty only had two (which i bought) and anotherguy had 12 but sold them to someone on SMD. grrr!!!

so can everyone keep an eye out for me on the other car audio sites please!!! i need a level 2 15" hella bad!

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alright everyone, will a 9.5" by 9.5" port be big enough for four 15"??? i can get away with a 10"x10" port if i use 1/2"thick mdf instead of 3/4". i reall hope this is a big enough port cuz its all the space i have got on the face of the box. inless i where to do i really skinny wide ass port. help please!

box is a little more then 12cu^ft right now but will be really close to 12cu^ft after i add all the bracing and stuff

thanks

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-