Second Skin Audio

Im Not Sure If I Can Port These Subs Or Not

i got a set of mtx 8000 15'' single 4ohm subs and here is the tech sheet http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/manua...subs/T8154A.pdf

now im wondering if i can run these ported without messin em up, i got 400rms goin to each and they handle 500rms but my friend did a install ina mazda with 4 mtx 8000 12's single 4ohm hooked up to 2 mtx 1501d's and they took it like a champ but they was sealed and im not sure how good these will sound ported tho, i like sealed bass but i like somethin that will play lows like nothin else, and if not the these can i port these there mtx 5500 15 dual 4 heres the tech sheet on these http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwo...ta_T5515-44.pdf

now if it aitn to much trouble could someone do a quick google sketchup of a ported box for both of these subs to see what would sound better? the amp i got is a memphis prd1000.1 it does 600rms@4ohm, 800rms@2ohm and 1000rms@1ohm and i was wondering what would get louder, i mean i can tell a big diff taht the mtx 8000's sound alot better than the 5500's did, or i might just build one of those 5500 boxs and throw it in my geo and see what it sounds like, but anywho need help on designin a ported box for the mtx 8000's plz

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

you can put any sub in a ported box

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

im not good with ported boxs tho, can someone designe me a good one?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

lol, anyways anyone kno how to design a box on google sketchup or somethin to give me somewhat of a look on how i can do this?

try putting ANY audiobahns in ANY BOX ROFL

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

I have ported audiobahn subz with no problem, maybe you guys should learn how to design and build box's??

True That, I had 2 12" AudioBahns also signature subs in a ported box and they were nuts. 500 watts each and suprised the hell out of me!

sorry guys ive just had bad experiences with audiobahns..

that and theres just sometin too cheesy about chrome flame baskets.. look trick in a custom car tho

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...