Sonic Electronix

Noise Cuz Of Walmart Interconnects?

I have a little bit of noise in my car. I have upgraded everything exept for my interconnects which is from walmart. I don't get the whine or anything like that but juz a steady white noise or whatever u call it. it is not that loud but you can hear it when my system is turned down. The noise juz gets drowned out when I turn the volume up.

Is it the cheap interconnects, location or grounding?

My signal path goes like this:

from stock HU to mtx re-Q (as my line output conver), then from re-Q to clarion EQ, then from EQ to ams that are in the trunk. Signal EQ upfront is carried by the cheap interconnecs to the amps in the trunk.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

check and recheck all your grounds and all connections, maybe try a new grounding point. that noise could be a lot of things.

is it there on all sources? IE radio, ipod, and cd?

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

Like the person above me said. It could be alot of things. Your HU, ground, your interconnects, if you ran your interconnects on the same side of the vehicle as the power cables. But seriously, don't skimp on the rca's. People have said it on here before. Your system is only as strong as the weakest link. Shitey rca's don't give the rest of the system justice if they let noise into the lines. Get higher quality ones, even if they are not the issue. Just my opinion.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

all my sources are pretty much comin from one....My HU. my ipod is hooked to the HU. they noise is less when i turn off my HU so i'm guessing it is my grounding for my EQ. I played with my gains and its not it, cuz i have to turn the gains real for the noise to disappear. I will replace my rca's probably nxt month after I upgrade my batt. I'm juz kinda lazy that i have to re-run new rca's, I should have went with something real good the first time. Are monster cable good or hype as far as interconnects? What do u guys recommend as far as rca's? it is going to be at least 16 footer

Edited by honda

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

wires are wires.

the walmart rcas are just as good as the monster wire ones.

as long as theres no tears in the wire or anything they should be good, check your grounds.

and it could be in the line output converter pre outs?

like on some pioneers?

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

wires are wires.

the walmart rcas are just as good as the monster wire ones.

as long as theres no tears in the wire or anything they should be good, check your grounds.

and it could be in the line output converter pre outs?

like on some pioneers?

This is not always true. Copper is copper but as we are seeing they are getting a way from using pure copper any more because of its cost. Some of the low end stuff is copper clad. IT may not be the problem. Like everyone has said recheck every thing. I had a bad head on one of my kicker RCAs that gave me noise. I had a Clarion HU that had noise. I checked everything replaced all the wire and I still had noise. It wasn't until I got my Kenwood that it went away. Trying to find the problem will test you as an installer every time and it won't always be the same problem. Being an installer isn't about running wires building systems (anyone can do that) it is fixing the problems you have right and in a timely matter.

Chris Carr

IMGA1943.jpg

2006 Grandprix

The Stereo

Clarion MAX675Vd, 160Gig iPod

Coming soon...

PG processor, Boston Pro60 (front), Boston SL-65 (rear),Boston GT-40 (4 CH), Boston G512-44, Boston GT-22 (subs),Custom box (work in progress)

The Alarm (coming soon)

Viper 5701, Viper 530T, Viper 508D, Viper 507M, SWI-JACK hooked to alarm

This is not always true. Copper is copper but as we are seeing they are getting a way from using pure copper any more because of its cost. Some of the low end stuff is copper clad. IT may not be the problem. Like everyone has said recheck every thing. I had a bad head on one of my kicker RCAs that gave me noise. I had a Clarion HU that had noise. I checked everything replaced all the wire and I still had noise. It wasn't until I got my Kenwood that it went away. Trying to find the problem will test you as an installer every time and it won't always be the same problem. Being an installer isn't about running wires building systems (anyone can do that) it is fixing the problems you have right and in a timely matter.

You're right. I troubleshoot this problem myself. what I'm gonna do is plugin my ipod to the input of my EQ instead of the HU. This way I will eliminate the HU. If the noise is still there, then It could be the EQ or RCA's or the amps. Then I'm going to eliminate the EQ by pluggin in my ipod directly to the RCA's eliminating both the HU and EQ. This way I'll be able to test juz the RCA to the amp. If there is still noise then It could be the rca's or the amp itself. IF that is the case, then I'll try to plugin my ipod directly to the amp, if the noise is gone, then it is more likely the rca's. You guys think thats a good approach in trouble shooting my case?

my real guess is it is my grounding for my HU and my EQ up up front. Cuz the noise can only be heard once i hook up all the rca's between the amps and the EQ up front.

Also is it a good idea to run an 8 guage power wire from the batt to the HU and my EQ up front? cuz right now my EQ and HU are running off the stock power and ground wire that was for the stock HU (i juz tapped into the honda radio wiring harness for power and ground).

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

The ground from the stock harness should be good, I would test it with a metter if you have one if not just run a new one to me metal behind the radio. As for the iPod idea that doesn't sound too bad. I'm putting money on the EQ. My processor gives me a little noise if it is bumped. Try to make sure the body of the EQ is not grounded.

Edited by carraudio

Chris Carr

IMGA1943.jpg

2006 Grandprix

The Stereo

Clarion MAX675Vd, 160Gig iPod

Coming soon...

PG processor, Boston Pro60 (front), Boston SL-65 (rear),Boston GT-40 (4 CH), Boston G512-44, Boston GT-22 (subs),Custom box (work in progress)

The Alarm (coming soon)

Viper 5701, Viper 530T, Viper 508D, Viper 507M, SWI-JACK hooked to alarm