Sundown Audio

Is This A Good Amp?

DUBIE

for that price get a sundown or a t1k

The Crunch Gp Pro's, the 3000w'rs, from what I'm told, do close to rated power and cost the same as that Autotek amp.

Make sure you have good electrical though, if you are going with three seperate amps instead of one, look in to RF and Sundown as mentioned.

WHAT VOICECOILS?

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

The Crunch Gp Pro's, the 3000w'rs, from what I'm told, do close to rated power and cost the same as that Autotek amp.

Make sure you have good electrical though, if you are going with three seperate amps instead of one, look in to RF and Sundown as mentioned.

No the GP3000dpro does well over rated power...but its supposedly not clean power like a sundown or rockford.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

No the GP3000dpro does well over rated power...but its supposedly not clean power like a sundown or rockford.

I didn't want to have false info so I said close. ^_^

I've heard it isn't clean power too, but every one that has them isn't complaining.

If you don't mind a small reduction in SQ, the Crunch should be good.

That's the amp I think will be in my future build.

How about a hifonics ?yeah i know they dont do the rated power but hey their close somewaht and i dont complain about it but the neighbors do :D

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

lol RF is to hifonics ad Lighting audio is to crunch. Dont see why you would recommend a lower end product over a higher end one

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

i know rockford fosgate has great and wonderful amps also hifonics but right now im kinda in a bugget...for now i just want a good amp thats gonna be able to make major excursion on my subs..or atleast feed them very good... then later on go with RF or hifonics...

there's one more thing i need to ask you guys...whats better?..a 2 channel brigeable amp or a monoblock?..i know its a noob or stupid question..

depends on the final impendence of the subwoofers. Techniclly a mono is "better" because a class D will be easier on the electrical but you need to get whatever ur subs call for if you already have them. if not try and get subs that would give you either 2 or 1ohm

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer