Advice About Warding Off Deprssion W/o Medical Help

Nut job reporting in.

Three years of therapy and a support helped me. Not cured, you can't really 'cure' it. But makes it managable and allows you to live a happy life. Find a pillar of support and support yourself to keep you up. Substance abuse is not a pillar of support. It can be a friend, a lover, an idol/mentor etc etc.

If it works for Multiple Personality, anxiety, depression, minor schizophrenia etc etc, it'll work for most people. You need to find something good and true in the world, and stide towards it. You can either navigate around the things in your way, or bash them out of the way. But find something worth having, and fight to protect it.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

You need to find some thing healthy and positive to sew your identity into. Then you need to come to the relizsation that its bigger than you admit it and find a higher power.

Thank you guys for the support, its much needed.

I really appreciate the help.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Guest aseanj52

Man anything we can do, just let us know. You need a shoulder to lean on, We will send you the fattest guy we can find so it is soft. Sorry....lame attempt at humor....i just had a panic attack. So i know how it all is, i just figured i would just say if you ever need someone to rant to just PM me

• 3 weeks later...

I have to make myself sick to become better.

Thanks Trainman.

Thanks to the whole SMD crew just for being so cool to me.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Any time . I am on here everyday. If you ever need to talk, shoot me a p.m. Stay positive , and by all means, wake up happy every day.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

me personally I had a big meth/coke addiction from when I was 16-28yrs old, it screwed me up, I lied to everyone about doing it, yet I would do it, and hide it, tweaking in the bedroom, staying up all night, sleeping all day.

I really stopped when my son was born when I was 23, started again when my wife and I split up about 25, and for about 3 years, not heavily, but I would do really bad one week, and quit whatever job I was working at, go look for a job after money ran out, and then go back to buying teeners.

What really ended up screwing me up was the fact I couldnt see my son any more, because my wife had moved down south, and told me if I try and divorce her, go to court, or anything like that, she will skip town to mexico (since that is where she was from and had family with)

So about once a year, she would send me a picture of my son- once a damn year?!!!

I never took legal action on her, and its killing me still, I havent seen my son now in 4 years I think now.

One day I will have my son again, legally by screwing her over for taking him from me, or even weekends, if I can convince her NOT to go to mexico- $$$

Another reason why I have been so scared to take legal action is, How often does the man ever get smpythy (spl) from the court? I would get screwed every way possible...

Since I left San Jose, and came up here, and she moved down south, I would get really emotional, and depressed about once a month, I would get so drunk, bust out the lines, or take some pills, and just try and forget, just have some fun

But eventually that feeling slowly faded away, and I started hitting the gym, punching bag, whatever

Now, I dont have issues like I did before, been clean for a long time now, I barely even drink, even tho a good 40 always sounds good, I just dont really care that much any more for. And drugs, I hate em, maybe I would pop a vic extra when Iam in pain or somethin, but thats it

I also have Xanax, for my heart condition, when ever my heart starts beating irregulary

But as far as Iam concerned, the best thing is Habbits, I know it sounds to hard to change habbits, but simply the gym, or buy a punching bag, That is one of the best ways to get agression out wether its emotional, or being mad at the world

Hell, tenis seems really fun, Ive been wanting to do it for a long time, but, I have no one to go with

Right now Iam pretty depressed myself just cuz Iam unemployed, the job I thought I was getting, IAM NOT getting after all, and now I have my $435 truck payment, and my share of rent- $1000 and my dental bill, along with some other bills

I feel screwed, but what I have been doing... just taking the dog for long walks... and that helps me alot

really simple little things can help alot man

and talking too- me tho, Iam not much of a talker at all, anyone who ever meets me will say it, I dont talk at first, but Iam a motor mouth later on

I hope my lil story helps, and how I have dealt with depression... and I can keep going on and on about my teen years, but thats then

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

WOW! I have dealt with this for a long time. Trainman you have put a fantistic light on this. ISO keep your head up. Depression is a hard thing to cope with. My thoughts are with you. I have always found that talking to someone, no matter who it is, always helps. Good luck and always know that you have friends even if you have never met them before.

www.stereomayhem.com

Forevrbumbn thanks for your story and help too man. It has to be very painful not getting to see your son. I hope in time things work out.

Not to get to see your own kid has to just plain hurt.

I wish you the best.

Stereomayhem thanks.

Everyone that steps in reminds me that were all alittle screwed up and that theres nothing wrong with being screwed up.

I'm out of bed and am eating again witch is great.

The DR has me on just enough meds to keep me from getting physically sick so I can atleast function.

Luckily the onlything I screwed up real bad is before I got sick I ripped everything out of my truck to do a new install and now I don't have time to do it rite so I guess I will be stereo less for awhile. Not even a H/U in the truck LOL.

I really appreciate all the support from everyone. It has helped me alot.

Thanks

Terryswork001.png

i didnt read everything on thsi thread, but i think you should drink a cold one and grab a titty or two. those 2 things usually make me happy :drinks::lol:

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/