Second Skin Audio

Audioque Woofa Blown! Plus Vids Without Blown Sub

Well after 4 months in my car (I bought it used too) I blew 1 of my 2 15" Audioque HD3's. Not the newer HDC315, it was an older model. I was running the dual 2 ohm version @ 1 ohm on a kicker zx2500.1. I thought I'd let other people know that this 1000 wrms sub took nearly 3000 watts daily for a very good period of time. I had two of them off two 2500's in a enclosure with 4.3 cubes of air each. I tuned the enclosure to around 30hz and rattled the shit out of my poor civic, the two subs did a 148.5 @ 35hz and a 144.9 in bass race.

I was very satisfied with the subs, recone only costs about $100 (from Digital Designs). Output and performance for the cost was great, SQ I'm not sure because I don't really have much to compare it to, but it sounded great IMO. I would recommend HD woofers to anyone. This system loved late nite tip (chopped and screwed) Here are some vids:

I wish I would have opened the other door, the roof gets insane but the system is now uninstalled... time for 20 10's =P

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

crxsilogozz5.gif

groundpounding > numbers

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

probably would have got better numbers with better box

all that power 1krms subs or not imo kinda low scores

Define better... I made this setup as a groundpounder and tuned it to 30hz cause I love lows, what number did your 1 15" do @ 35hz?

I sat in a vehicle that burps 154.x @ 60+ hz and really it felt like mine was louder. Though I would have liked to meter mine with one window open, I bet I would have gained a few db. Oh well I would have liked to break 50 but never really expected to do it. Next time :spiteful:

crxsilogozz5.gif

the score def would have been louder caravan if you tuned a little higher like the 38hz dj reccomends or is it different on the hd3? but shit was slamming no doubt...also put a damn shirt on!!!!!!!!!!

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

lol I didn't have another shirt! Yeah I could have tuned it higher, but then it wouldn't slap on the lows like it did. Its a win/loose situation.

well yea..its mainly what you want vs. what other people who dont drive it everyday say

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

I wonder if that sub would have taken the power longer in a smaller box like 3-3.5 cubes per sub. Maybe i'm wrong but I thought that was one of the ways meade is able to run 2x the rms on his subs(small enclosure with reduced port area).

TDH FTW !!!