Night And Day Difference

i wired up 2 super thrust deep cycle batteries i got from my boss. HOLY SHIT what a difference. i used to drop to like 9.0 on a good day. now i can not get it to drop below 12.8. i also switched out my subs. i went from the power acoustic pw2012m's the the memphis power reference 12's. i had the PA's tuned to 675 watta each and the memphis are only getting 300 watts each and is sounds a hell of alot louder. my amps dont heat up as much eaither. now i just gotts figure out my big 3.

----reference's----

meade916

...wow that much voltage drop and your amps still work?

forget about the amps what about your cars computer... :blink:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Thats awesome. My voltage right now is just like yours used to be!! lol. I finally got me acouple batteries, just have to get the wire and wire them up. I cant wait. Hopefully I have the same results as you. This just got me even more pumped :yahoo:

forget about the amps what about your cars computer... :blink:

i run maxxsonics. i dropped to 8.1 volts at my last show going against adam triffonoff. i have never dropped low enough to hurt my amps. i did drop low enough in the lanes that my truck shut off. lol.

----reference's----

meade916

Thats awesome. My voltage right now is just like yours used to be!! lol. I finally got me acouple batteries, just have to get the wire and wire them up. I cant wait. Hopefully I have the same results as you. This just got me even more pumped :yahoo:

hell yeah man get on that shit. it took me 7.5 hours today. and it was hot as fuck. i went through 2 packs of smokes and 2 gallons of gatorade. this is somethig i recommend to everyone who does not have extra batteries.

----reference's----

meade916

depending on the amp but anything below 12 volts isnt good for the amp and Im pretty sure 9volts and below is where you get damage

hell yeah you do. i was running SPL brands for years. i blew 5 of them in my truck until i talked to mike at maxxsonics. my boss and him are the reason i will never run another brand besides a maxxsonics product in my vehicles. i used to get my amps so hot that i would have to put ice water soaked towels on them at shows just to cool them down in between runs.

----reference's----

meade916

your voltage isnt dropping as low because youre pushing less than half the power now.

for the first hour i did have it retuned. i was still at them same power. i still didnt drop below 12.8

----reference's----

meade916