its not a bad design for that car IMO, I would have had the ports a little lower, SPL is a tricky game, some things that work in some cars wont work in another car so, you gotta test, test, and then test some more. good luck, and keep us posted on what it does.

build looks good!! but i didn't see any bracing pics? and I've always been of fan of straight ABS/PVC pipe as pipes with the interior edge filed off the ends for no whistle, but i think that "step" 1/2 way through the port will cause you some issues- look into the precision port or grab some straight pipe from your local hardware store

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

build looks good!! but i didn't see any bracing pics? and I've always been of fan of straight ABS/PVC pipe as pipes with the interior edge filed off the ends for no whistle, but i think that "step" 1/2 way through the port will cause you some issues- look into the precision port or grab some straight pipe from your local hardware store

-Drew

Well in terms of strengthening the box. The Face and the side opposite are both 1.5in thick. The box is resined. I plan on bracing it from the outside.

Im not sure what you exactly mean be "step" but the ports will basically be one pipe. The coupling will just be so i can tweak and tune the box and does not create a gap or dip in the ports. When i put the other end of the of the port in the coupling it will meet directly with the other pipe. Im not sure if thats fully understandable.

Heres a video of my current setup. disregard the 146.2 as this was taken at a local shop and is way off.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Nice vid, I just stole your credit card info. J/P mang, good shit though

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

i woul have moved those ports all of the way back and used two 6" aeros (if that is a 15"sub), from my limited experience i have noticed that keeping the ports the furthest from the sub as possible tends to work better...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived