Rear seat interior body panel

IMGP0443.jpg

initial mold

IMGP0444.jpg

No circle jig for me- pencil and jigsaw ftw!

IMGP0445.jpg

IMGP0446.jpg

IMGP0447.jpg

Lining them up-

IMGP0448.jpg

progress on drivers side so far...

IMGP0480.jpg

IMGP0481.jpg

IMGP0482.jpg

So much more to do i just dont have enough time in the day! >_< i'll keep this going as a mini-log and any of you serious fiberglassers out there feel free to voice your opinion!!! i'm kinda playing it as i go here- so far the masking tape has worked better than various fabrics.......

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

looks good. at first i didnt think u actually used fiberglass but i see it on the corner. cant wait to see more updates

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Should I put Fabric over the mold or continue sanding and sanding hoping for a decent outcome?

-Drew

how much glass did u use? if all u did was a single layer of glass and a bunch of filler it might not be strong enough (does it flex?) ive never herd of sandwhiching filler inbetween glass thou. Might wanna ask some of the pros on the site if that would work ok

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

two layers, and no flex as of now... rock solid!

i just dont like the idea of having a covered FG piece on top of the plastic interior panel... =/

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

when you used the filler, did you wait for it to dry all the way? if you wait till just before it's dry, you can sand it in the 'green stage' and it'll take a LOT of the sanding labor away. it'll get smoother quicker, then when it dries completely you can do the finishing touches

Just Finished Drivers Side

IMGP0496.jpg

Added the sticker- (thanks again Derrick)

IMGP0498.jpg

Leaned it up against where it will eventually be

IMGP0499.jpg

and got the Passenger Side taped and ready for glass.

IMGP0500.jpg

IMGP0501.jpg

-Drew

uhoh_45 said: