Hey bro, just a heads up, thats pretty illegal to do the dome thing. I know people at both companies, mainly the AA side, and if they seen the Fi domes on the AA subs, they would go ballistic.... Just thought id post that, you can delete this after reading it... But The AA subs are definitley Niceeeee subs, I know first hand   ;-)

after you buy a sub you can do WTF you want with it, its not like he said it was a Fi sub even.  Seriously if a company made a big deal about what idid withmy subs i'd tell them to fuck off, unless i was sponsored or something of that nature

yes, your definitley right Accord, but who knows, I didnt know if this was just a kept in trunk car system, or takin it to shows, if he got the subs direct from AA, ect.... I know if I sold some of my subs to someone, and next thing I know, they got some stereo shop logo domes on, Iam never sellin that guy subs again, Id be pissed... And you know what, it has happend to me before. I sell OEM subwoofers for a side income, I get some bad ass stuff, and when I try to push MY product, and its represented as something else, it is frusterating,  because where is MY speaker being represented at?  Gotta look at it from a Company stand point also. It is 50/50 how you look at it. But it is still illegal to SOME extent, not like jail time or nothing (not that I know of) I cannot think of the term, but it is in the books... just think of it from all points of views

And I finally seen the vid after like 40mins of uploading, nice video

;-)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

yes, your definitley right Accord, but who knows, I didnt know if this was just a kept in trunk car system, or takin it to shows, if he got the subs direct from AA, ect.... I know if I sold some of my subs to someone, and next thing I know, they got some stereo shop logo domes on, Iam never sellin that guy subs again, Id be pissed... And you know what, it has happend to me before. I sell OEM subwoofers for a side income, I get some bad ass stuff, and when I try to push MY product, and its represented as something else, it is frusterating,  because where is MY speaker being represented at?  Gotta look at it from a Company stand point also. It is 50/50 how you look at it. But it is still illegal to SOME extent, not like jail time or nothing (not that I know of) I cannot think of the term, but it is in the books... just think of it from all points of views

And I finally seen the vid after like 40mins of uploading, nice video

;-)

i am thinking of it from all points of view, its not a customers job nor duty to push your product and imo if you depend on that then you really dont need to be in business.  There are companys that depend on word of mouth "damn near every internet company"  but i still stand by my word, and even have asked scott at one time if there wasa way to get Fi's without the boob cone on it lol. 

it might be unethical or morally wrong but theres not writin law saying i cant do what i please with my subs.

alumapro will print whatever you want on their dustcaps.

that is all  :poster_spam:

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Exactly Ray, Alumapro does that from Factory.  I dont know why this came to a new thread.  That was gay.. lol  Bottom line, Its not right... I have done it to, BUTTTTTTTTT...... I use aluminum inverted domes with NO Label, thats what I use when I would get a old SFX sub, SS sub, and and TOLD to do by the company I work for, "I will sell you these subs, they were laying around, the companies never picked them up, or they were Over runs, just dont sell them with the brand logo on them"  Thats a no brainer.

Also, patents on speakers, say the motor design on the XXX/MX RE subs, imagine decals on that from some internet company.. RE would sue, who thinks they wouldnt?  Like I said, it IS a 50/50 thing.... I just brought up "internet company" logo on a name brand subwoofer with a patent Part on that speaker, thats some serious law breaking there, but true, a person buying a RE XXX/MX and throwing on his car club stickers, not a bad thing, as long as its still known as a RE XXX/MX speaker, and logo is on there only to show that Carclub respresents RE

(RE only an example)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Exactly Ray, Alumapro does that from Factory.  I dont know why this came to a new thread.  That was gay.. lol   Bottom line, Its not right... I have done it to, BUTTTTTTTTT...... I use aluminum inverted domes with NO Label, thats what I use when I would get a old SFX sub, SS sub, and and TOLD to do by the company I work for, "I will sell you these subs, they were laying around, the companies never picked them up, or they were Over runs, just dont sell them with the brand logo on them"  Thats a no brainer.

Also, patents on speakers, say the motor design on the XXX/MX RE subs, imagine decals on that from some internet company.. RE would sue, who thinks they wouldnt?  Like I said, it IS a 50/50 thing.... I just brought up "internet company" logo on a name brand subwoofer with a patent Part on that speaker, thats some serious law breaking there, but true, a person buying a RE XXX/MX and throwing on his car club stickers, not a bad thing, as long as its still known as a RE XXX/MX speaker, and logo is on there only to show that Carclub respresents RE

(RE only an example)

see now your throwing in what it this and that.  the original question was about if it was illegal for him to do what he did, he didnt represent the subs to be anything they were not, and legally he can do whatever with them if he feels the need to.  We arent talking about selling the item we are talking about usage.

here's my story:

when i purchased the subs (used, about 6 months old) and got them hooked up for the first time, they sounded terrible.

i eventually figured out that BOTH of the dust caps where loose. (once i pulled them off it appeared that there were areas on each one that were NEVER bonded!)

i called chad (at AA) and left a message, he called back a few minutes later!

he said he'd prefer that i send them in, but i didn't have the original boxes, didn't want to pay shipping, and didn't want to wait 2 weeks.

he offered to send me a pair of dust caps and said he'd call me next week to get info on shipping them (it was 5PM friday, so understandable).

a week went by and i never heard back from him.  i called and left a few messages, as well as a few e-mails.

a while later he called me, but i missed it and he left a message.  i again tried to get a hold of him, but a few calls/days later and he still wouldn't pick up the phone.

meanwhile i sent an e-mail to Fi about get a set of their boob style dust caps (cause i like their logo).

he sent me a black pair and a logo'd pair.  i chose to put on the logo'd pair for cosmetic reasons (not so plain).

if AA doesn't like it, that's too bad.  it was their poor communication that led to this results.

if they believe different dust caps will void the warranty, that is just bad customer service.

i definitely don't think i did anything 'illegal' (in the sense that i could go to jail)

EDIT: Fi customer service >>>>> AA customer service

i like AA (i have had assassin's and arsenal's), and look forward to their new lineup coming in 07, but if i were to get a new sub it would definitely be from Fi (they are also coming out with a new sub, btw)

EDIT II: thanks for making a new thread and not turning mine into an argument.